A West Virginia woman who murdered her boyfriend so that she could marry her own father was sentenced to 40 years in prison, KIRO7 reports. Amanda Michelle Naylor McClure, 32, pleaded guilty to the second-degree murder of John Thomas McGuire on Valentine’s Day 2019, but she didn’t act alone. Her father/husband Larry Paul McClure Sr, a registered sex offender, helped her, as did her sister, 33-year-old Anna Marie Choudhary.
- McGuire’s murder was brutal. The McClures are said to have hit McGuire over the head with a wine bottle before injecting him with meth, torturing him for days, and then burying his body in a shallow grave when he died, where it was discovered a few days later.
- Larry McClure was estranged from his daughters before the murder. However, as The Daily Telegraph reports, Larry McClure and Anna Marie drove to Indiana to pick up Amanda and McGuire, who were living there together. They were said to have been “dope sick” at the time and all drove to Larry’s home in Skygusty. Everything was going fine for about a week until the murder plan was hatched.
- McGuire let the two women and their father tie him up. They apparently told McGuire that they were playing a “trust game,” after which Larry admits to subjecting the man to “two or three days of hell” before Amanda wrapped a black garbage bag around his head and Anna Marie strangled the man while Larry held him.
- Amanda and Larry got married within a few weeks of dumping McGuire’s body. Not only did Amanda and Larry have sex in the house where they murdered McGuire, but then they then proceeded to travel to Tazewell County, Virginia on March 11, 2019 to get married by a Methodist minister. Of course, Amanda never admitted that Larry was her father.
- Larry was the one to reveal everything in the end. After marrying, Larry and Amanda moved to another state, a move that prompted Kentucky police to bring him in for failing to tell authorities in West Virginia about it. That’s when he told them everything about the murder. Thankfully, justice was served across the board, with Amanda getting 40 years behind bars, Larry getting life, and Anna Marie still awaiting sentencing.
According to a West Virginia State Trooper's testimony, McGuire was bludgeoned with a wine bottle, tied up, injected with methamphetamine, and strangled.
Three suspects are being charged with first-degree murder among other related offenses. (2/2)
— Annie Granlund (@OPPAnnie) November 8, 2019