An Australian woman has admitted that she decided to cancel her gym membership and instead rely on having sex twice a day to get her in shape. While that might seem like a crazy idea, Rutesha M.K. admitted that she wasn’t motivated to make use of her membership despite wasting money on it and wanted to try a different approach to fitness. So, she approached her partner and proposed the “experiment” and she’s never been happier.
- The gym just wasn’t a happy place for Rutesha. Writing for MamaMia, Rutesha revealed that she found going to the gym depressing and exhausting, leading to an overall dissatisfaction. “I was surrounded by these beautiful women with toned bodies and new Lululemon leggings. The men were really ripped and had all sorts of pecs. My fitness instructor insisted on weighing me all the time. Not to mention, the music was terrible and I could never listen to my audiobooks in peace.” Needless to say, quitting the gym was a no-brainer.
- She took a scientific approach. Rutesha hoped to burn about 200-250 calories with every sex session. After doing some research, she found that 30 minutes of sex burns about 150 calories, so she and her partner made some changes in the bedroom to try to maximize Rutesha’s output. They changed up positions so that they were more active for her and she vowed to be more adventurous.
- The benefits were felt immediately. Rutesha revealed that after the very first day, she already felt like a whole new woman and she experienced “the most peaceful night of sleep I’d had in a while.” The more she stuck with it, the more she experienced the positive effects. Rutesha says her body became more toned, her stress levels went down, and her self-confidence skyrocketed. Pretty sweet!
- Of course, it hasn’t been without its downsides. For one thing, Rutesha points out that having sex becomes way less exciting when it’s so regimented and you’re having it so often. Missing out on the spontaneity kinda took the shine out of things. Not only that, but she stopped looking forward to having an orgasm. “It’s a bit of a double-edged sword really. If you don’t orgasm, you might be left frustrated. And if you do (like more than twice or thrice a day), you are exhausted,” she explained.
- All in all, she’s happy she’s tried it. However, it’s unlikely to be something she’ll keep going long-term.