Falling in love is an intense experience for anyone, but according to astrology, there are some signs that feel it a little more acutely than others. This can be both a blessing and a curse: those who love hardest have the potential to gain the most out of love but are also the ones who hurt the most when things go wrong.
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20) Pisces are gentle and empathetic and think of romance in the most magical of terms. For them, love is an almost spiritual phenomenon and True Love is more than just a storybook fantasy. When they find a person to invest in, Pisces are at their happiest. While they often get a bad rap for being unreliable, this is only the result of their dreamy disposition and creative thinking. Give them someone to truly fall in love with and they are consistent and loving, especially if they are allowed to live in their fantasy world and not hide their romantic natures.
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20) Taureans are all about physical pleasure. They luxuriate in touch, smell, and the sensual things in life. They are loyal, steady, and reliable, and when they choose someone to love, they commit fully. Because they are so physically driven, Taureans express their love outwardly, making their feelings easy to recognize. There is little uncertainty when you’re loved by a Taurus. They make excellent life partners because they crave stability and comfort and avoid upheaval and unnecessary change wherever possible. But their love for their partners can bring out their flexibility too because they are so invested in their partner that they want to give them the world. Attach yourself to a Taurus and you’ll have the most passionate and steadfast partner you can find.
- Cancer (June 21 – July 22) Cancers are deceptively sensitive souls. On the outside, they appear closed off and unemotional, but on the inside, they are caring, gentle, and full of love. They desire nothing more than someone to nurture and pour their heart into, occasionally to the point of neglecting themselves. The goal for Cancers is to find a balance between self-love and their love for those they care for most. As a water sign, Cancers are intuitive and possess a wide range of emotions. Occasionally they feel like they are “too much” for other people to understand or love fully, but once they find the right partner, all of their loving attributes emerge as their greatest strengths.
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22) Don’t be fooled by the outward calm of the Virgo—they feel things deeply and are passionate when it comes to love. Because they have difficulty expressing their emotions, it may be difficult to know at first if a Virgo is falling for you, but make no mistake that when they do express their feelings, they mean it. Virgos never do anything without thinking about it from every possible angle. This means that they can be slow in expressing their love because they are thorough in their self-examination and never do anything impulsively. When they finally give themselves over to their emotions, however, their love is constant and true.
- Libra (September 23 – October 22) Libras take love very seriously. They see the world as one big romance, reveling in the finer things in life and cherishing beauty in all forms. Libras are most comfortable when they’re in a relationship because they crave stability. They lavish their partners with love and attention, often with the intention of inspiring their lover to respond in kind. Their emotions run high and they are easily hurt, but this only indicates their depth of feeling and desire to have someone who can accept all the love they have to give.
- Scorpio (October 23 – November 21) Scorpios can sometimes seem like lone wolves, impervious to love or the need for a partner. But dig a little deeper and you’ll find a heart that is burning with romantic idealism. It can take some time for Scorpios to trust others and they are prone to mind games and self-preservation, but when they feel safe with someone, they reveal themselves to be one of the passionate and loving signs in the zodiac. When a Scorpio is in love, they’re consumed by it. There’s nothing else that can distract them from their feelings, and if you’re the object of their love, you will be intoxicated by it too.
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) While Sagittarians have a reputation for being inconsistent, they can make excellent lovers do to their intensity and upbeat natures. They always view the glass as half full and are more than willing to take a risk when the payoff is potentially life-changing. They are eternal optimists, always seeking to bring joy to those around them, and the desire for deep, meaningful experiences means that they don’t settle for mediocre relationships. When they fall for someone, they fall hard and do everything they can to make it work.