If you’ve just started a relationship and are worried about its prospects, you might want to ask for the person’s sign before you decide whether or not to continue. Here are the signs that are most likely to break your heart.
- Scorpio (October 23 – November 21) Scorpios are passionate and occasionally deceptive. They tend to go through big transformations without warning and can be decisive to the point of carelessness towards others. Because of this, Scorpios are more likely to end a relationship totally out of the blue and leave their partner stunned. They’re ruled by Pluto and therefore have the urge within them to destroy and transform, even when everything indicates that they are in a good place already. When Scorpios lean into their best instincts, they are deeply loyal, emotionally intelligent, and fiercely protective of their partners, but some may use their egos and volatility to hurt others.
- Leo (July 23 – August 22) Leos are easy to fall for. They’re charming, gregarious, and so full of life that you feel brighter just for being around them. Being with a Leo is intoxicating. They seem to be in the spotlight wherever they go, and you can’t help but feel special and important when you’re with them. But they can also be possessive and hot-headed and put themselves before anyone else. If you argue with a Leo, you’ll be hard-pressed to get an apology out of them, even if it’s deserved. While Leos can be faithful, their outgoing nature and ambition can cause them to stray, and their emotional strength can occasionally come across as a lack of empathy.
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) Sagittarians have a hard time keeping still. They’re constantly searching for new forms of excitement, living life to the fullest and acting with abandon. And while this can make them exhilarating to be with, their infectious enthusiasm and humor often hide their darker side. They also have the tendency to leave broken hearts in their wake due to their refusal to follow rules or be constrained by boundaries. Their constant desire to seek the next best thing can make them restless and prone to look outside of their relationship for a new thrill with little to no awareness or concern for the consequences.
- Aries (March 21 – April 19) Like the other fire signs, Aries are bold and headstrong. They don’t like to be held down or told what to do. This can make them exciting partners. They hurtle through the world at a speed that makes most other people dizzy. But due to their impulsiveness and tendency to be self-centered, they often show a lack of concern for those around them. An Aries can say “I love you” one minute and be gone the next. Their magnetism makes them irresistible, but it also betrays their preoccupation with themselves and their occasional disregard for others.
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22) Virgos can fool you. On the outside, they’re serene, logical, and responsible. On the inside, they’re constantly going through changes and cycling through questions about themselves and the world around them. This makes it difficult to know what they’re thinking and can cause them to be frustrating and occasionally distant partners. When a Virgo makes up his or her mind about something, you can trust that it comes from a place of deep thought and logical deduction, but because they rarely express their thoughts or feelings outwardly, many of their choices may seem completely out of left field. When they make up their mind to change course in their lives, nothing will change their mind, even the person they love most.
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) Capricorns are old souls. Like Virgos, they’re deep thinkers and have a depth to them that can make them seem like safe, steady partners. But unlike Virgos, their wisdom can make them cynical and cold. It is not uncommon for the partner of a Capricorn to feel cut off and ignored. Sadly, appealing to a Capricorn’s emotions won’t get you very far. They are single-minded and determined in their actions, and they resent any implication that they are in the wrong. Their thirst for success can make them selfish in relationships. When it comes down to it, they will likely choose the option that furthers their ambitions than their personal lives.
- Libra (September 23 – October 22) Unlike Capricorns and Virgos, Libras value relationships above almost all else. They strive for harmony and try to keep everyone happy, and because of this, they sometimes have a hard time saying no, even when saying no means staying faithful to a partner they deeply love. Libras struggle with decision-making, and this too can make them fickle partners. Their emotions can change by the moment, making them unpredictable in love and difficult to pin down. Romantics at heart, Libras aspire to be the perfect partners, but because of their perfectionism, they are rarely satisfied, even in the happiest of relationships.