The honeymoon phase certainly can’t last forever, and there are some perks to that. Getting comfortable with your guy is a sure sign that you’re more secure about how he feels about you and signifies you’ve become good friends as well as lovers. But it’s possible to be too comfortable, which could be dangerous to your relationship. Wondering if you’re crossing the line? Here are 12 signs you might be.
- You can’t remember the last time you two went on a proper date. It’s very easy to just stay in and watch Netflix every night, but you really should keep the romance going in your relationship. Try to go on a date night every month. Don’t be afraid to branch out either! Start planning now by making a bucket list.
- You have no problem holding a conversation together while one is on the toilet. Sometimes you need to ask a quick question while he’s doing his business. But if you’re regularly have conversations like this, you might need to rethink it. It’s not sexy and if you live together, the bathroom should be a given for alone time.
- When one of you has something hanging out of your nose, the other gets it. The only person’s boogers you should be wiping is your young child’s. Other than that, hand you man a mirror and let him handle it himself.
- Popping each other’s zits is part of your grooming routine. Picking at your zits isn’t good for the skin or your relationship! Leave each other alone and treat each other to a massage with cleaners, body oil, or lotion instead.
- You do disgusting pranks on each other like leaving fart bombs. We all become a little childish in our relationship at some point, but that could slip into gross territory. Once you get to purposely dropping fart bombs on your partner then there’s no turning back. Beware!
- Poop is a perfectly fine conversation topic between you. If you know the dirty details of each other’s poop, then you’re definitely way too comfortable in your relationship. The only reason this would be acceptable if you’re talking about your child’s poop and whose turn it is to change the diaper. If this doesn’t apply to you, then move on to the next subject.
- Peeing while you both are taking a shower is allowed. This was horrifying when it happened on Girls and it is just as bad in real life. If you’re doing this out of laziness then that’s a problem. No one should have to deal with being in contact with someone else’s pee because they don’t want to walk a few more steps.
- You both are at that point where you know all of each other’s stories and jokes. This naturally happens and it’s not something you should get too down on yourself about, but it is a sign that you both need to go out and make new stories! Try to get out of your comfort zone by meeting new people or going to new places.
- When he’s being romantic, you think he wants something. After the honeymoon phase big romantic gestures lessen from both sides, but if you’re very skeptical when your guy does do something nice then that might be a red flag (especially if you’re right to be).
- The underwear you take off before sex involves more holes and less lace. You don’t have to be a sex pot every day once you’re in a relationship. But if he’s really getting used to the holes and period panties, then it’s time to do you both a favor and go shopping for better underwear. It’ll boost your confidence and your sex life!
- Sex has become so routine that you could do it in your sleep. Once you get comfortable and you know exactly what your partner is going to do step by step, you’re going to have to switch things up. Get inspired by looking up some new positions or find new places to get busy.
- You refuse to spend a night away from each other. It may seem cute at first that you both spend so much time with each other, but if it gets to the point where you physically can’t stay asleep without each other then that’s a problem. How can you have fun vacations with the girls with that type of anxiety? Make sure you have a night away from time to time.