Endless teasing, non-existent cleavage and being called a boy? Welcome to the daily struggles of a woman with small boobs. Apparently, having breasts that defy gravity – no matter what age you are – is a problem. Society in general seems to think only C-cups or larger are truly feminine. What about us As and Bs? We’ve got curves, too. If you’re like me, you’ve experienced all these struggles at some point in your life and can definitely relate. Do these struggles mean you need implants? No! It means you have the perfect size and others just don’t understand.
- Low cut shirts are useless. Low cut shirts are great. The problem is, you need larger breasts to fill in the shirt and keep it from simply falling open every time you move. This wouldn’t be such as problem if designers could make something that’s not cut down to the navel. A form fitting V-neck that ends just above the breasts is all I’m asking for.
- You certainly don’t need a push-up bra. Every time I see a push-up bra in an A, I know what The Hulk feels like. Honestly, can someone tell me what the point is? Yes, I want to wear a bra with more padding than cup space. You know what an A size looks like in a push-up? Some kind of cyclops chest. It’s weird, unnecessary and uncomfortable. Guess what? My breasts already stay in place. They don’t need to be pushed up.
- Zero padding in bras is a thing. The other extreme is no padding at all. News flash – I still have nipples. The only reason for a small chested woman to wear a bra is to avoid poking through her top. So why would I even need to wear a bra with no padding? Once again, a pointless bra. Give me enough padding to prevent my nipples from saying hello to everyone and leave it at that.
- You’re tired of being asked if you’re going to get implants. Could you be any ruder? I’m not deformed. Small breasts don’t mean I’m unhappy with the way I look. My back doesn’t hurt. I can run without hitting myself in the face. Guys still find me sexy. Do you know how many pairs of shoes and cute tops I could buy with that money? If you want implants, go for it. Just don’t expect me to get them because you don’t like my size.
- Trying to get a little jiggle is pointless. The one thing I do envy about women with larger breasts is theirs actually jiggle a little. Us smaller gals are lucky if ours move at all. Trust me, we get very excited when we get that little bit of bounce. It does draw the eye. On the other hand, we have other assets to use if we want a guy to notice us.
- Guys actually look at our faces. This might seem like a good thing, but when they’re staring at your breasts, you get a minute to really check them out. When they’re looking at your face, you get caught. Besides, if they’re annoying, you can always call them a perv for talking to your breasts. We have to find something else to get us out of talking to them.
- You’ve tried to fake your size. Before we learn to love our flatter chests, we do stupid things like wear those ultra padded bras. That’s great until you meet someone and it’s time for the bra to come off. All you can think of is how he’ll react when he sees you’re not a D, but an A. Will it be a turn off? What happens if you’re wearing a water or gel bra and it springs a leak? It’s too damn stressful for you to even enjoy yourself.
- You wish food went to your breasts. Why is it anything fatty you eat goes straight to your tummy or thighs? When you see all your friends proudly showing off their cleavage, you hope that next slice of pizza boosts you up a cup size. That approach doesn’t work. All it does is make every other part of your larger.
- There are guys with bigger boobs. I admit I feel a little less confident about my curves when I see a man with bigger boobs than me. Guys might call them pecs, but when they’re fatty, well rounded and even sag a little, those are man boobs. They’re not attractive, but at the same time, it’s a little uncomfortable seeing a guy more well-endowed on top than you are.
- You work even harder for a flat tummy. You get a tiny tummy with smaller breasts and suddenly everyone thinks you’re pregnant. Not to mention, your boobs seem to disappear. Like I said before, the fat somehow skips the breasts completely. At least with larger ones, gaining a little weight doesn’t make your chest look flatter. Us smaller girls have to work even harder to maintain a good physique to make our chests look great.
- You know strapless anything is hell. Tube tops and strapless dresses need something to hold them in place. The flatter the chest, the more easily they fall off. Is it impossible to wear them? No, but it is a pain. You’ll definitely spend more time pulling them up. Plus, finding a strapless bra that doesn’t make you look several sizes bigger is like expecting your boobs to magically grow overnight.
- You’ve been called boyish. I am not a boy. Women aren’t all made the same. Believe it or not, guys like breasts in all sizes. Besides, what they really want to play with isn’t in our shirts ladies. Just because we’re not super curvy on top doesn’t mean we don’t have a shapely backside and legs.
- Everyone thinks you’re 12. It’s flattering that everyone seems to think you’re younger than you are. The problem is, you don’t really want people thinking you’re a tween. Breasts don’t equal maturity. Just because you peaked at an A doesn’t mean you’re not a mature woman in your 20s.
It’s a struggle every day, but frankly, it’s fun. Be proud of your small chests! Remember they do have one benefit – they never sag.