As women, we’re subject to insults on a daily basis about our appearances, our personalities, our careers… the list goes on and on. While an ideal goal would be for us to be lifted up by both men and our fellow females instead of beaten down by unnecessary putdowns, here are 8 words that neither sex should ever use to insult a woman in the meantime:
- Cock tease. There’s literally no such thing as a woman who goes around “teasing cocks” for sh*ts and giggles. She just doesn’t exist. If a woman engages in fooling around and decides that’s as far as she would like to take things, that’s absolutely her right and she doesn’t deserve an insult for that decision. She’s under no obligation to “finish” anything, no matter how involved she was in getting things started.
- Cunt. Cunt is a special word, because it’s female-specific and packed with so much hate and anger. There isn’t really a male equivalent. You could call a guy a loser, but it’s really doesn’t pack the same punch. If you really hate a woman, try to be a bit more creative and pick a word that isn’t gender specific, or isn’t a synonym for vagina, because using this word really just promotes the idea that it is OK to hate women in general.
- Slut. We need to stop-shaming women for having healthy sex lives and body images. You gotta let a girl live, and that includes doing whatever she wants with her body and wardrobe. Even the most inexperienced women get called a slut these days, because we can’t seem to stop ourselves from tearing women down. Let’s stop the slut-shaming because, seriously, everybody has sex.
- Prude. As a woman, you get insulted for doing it, and you get insulted for not doing it. Sometimes it feels like you just can’t win. At least you know your decision to not hook up with a guy was definitely the right one if he insults you for it.
- Damaged. A woman isn’t damaged after engaging in sex, having a baby, or ending a bad relationship. Life happens and people change, but women aren’t somehow less than just because they’ve had a certain amount of live experiences. They aren’t comparable to cars that lose value over time or after getting a few scuffs and scratches, and you’re an idiot if you insult a woman in a way that compares her to property.
- Desperate. If you’re honest about wanting sex, love, or a relationship, people call you “desperate.” Honesty should be encouraged, not insulted. If everyone walked around playing silly relationship games, no one would every end up in a healthy, happy relationship. There’s really no need to insult a woman for being upfront about what she wants.
- Fat or ugly. Yes, objectively, some people are less attractive than others, but why should they be insulted for it — especially when beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder? Everyone is entitled to respect, love, and happiness, regardless of their appearance. A lot of times, when a woman is called fat or ugly, it’s in response to her having or wanting one of those 3 things. You don’t need to insult a woman’s appearance because she’s dating the guy you were crushing on, got a big promotion, or appears to be happier than you on social media. Work on building yourself up, not tearing others down.
- Crazy. For starters, this is insensitive to the many, MANY women who are struggling with mental health issues and the stigma that goes along with that. If a woman has a mental health condition, why would you ever try to make her feel worse about that? Why would you insult her and use information she was brave enough to share with you against her? That’s pretty cold and monstrous. Most likely, she’s not being crazy, you’re just being a jerk. A woman isn’t crazy for having an opinion you don’t like, or reacting emotionally to something, or for blowing off some steam. She’s just being a person- a person who happens to have a vagina.