The first month of your relationship was amazing. You went out all the time, you were like rabbits in bed, and you truly thought about dropping the L-bomb. But now it’s different. If this isn’t the first relationship you’ve been in, you’ve probably seen the signs before. However, you don’t want to jump the gun in case your suspicions of a breakup are really based on a bad emotional spell. Isn’t it ridiculous how hormones can totally mess with your brain? If this situation seems a little too familiar, you probably need to get real with yourself. Chances are, your relationship is getting old.
- He ignores your texts. Back in the day, you were totally in sync. Now he reads your texts and doesn’t respond to them for hours – or at all. Unless there’s an emergency, this isn’t a good sign. Yes, sometimes people can be forgetful, but if you’ve already got a weird feeling in your stomach, and the text was something that needed an answer (like, “Want to get together tonight?”), he’s over you.
- He cancels plans with you to hang out with other people. If it’s a party, you should have definitely been invited. While your boyfriend should definitely get some solo time with his guy friends every once in a while, he never used to cancel plans with you for them.
- He mentions his female coworker a lot more these days. Work crushes sometimes happen, and while they can be absolutely innocent, it’s a bad sign if you feel like you’re hearing more about her than she’s hearing about you.
- He’s picking fights about really stupid things. Even the best of couples get into petty fights, but it seems like his fuse has been mega short recently. When someone wants to get over something quickly, they pick stupid arguments to justify the bold move.
- Your mutual friends are acting kind of strange. Every solid relationship has mutuals. If the friends that you met while you were with him seem kind of cold or just confused, it’s possible that they know something you don’t.
- Your fights have a bottom line. All of his fights with you include threats of breaking up. If you’ve heard a lot of “So what, should we just break up?” recently, he’s probably secretly hoping you say yes to save him the hassle.
- Dates are getting awkward. When you first met, you had a billion things to talk about. He picked up the bill, and you treated for ice cream afterward. Now, it seems like there are a bunch of silent moments, which he fills by checking his phone instead of you.
- He gets super weird about weddings. You’ve been his +1 for a few weddings, and things have been fun. You’ve met his friends, enjoyed the open bar, and danced your ass off to Beyonce songs. This past one has been a bit different. All of a sudden, he seems weirdly bitter, and would rather stay sedentary in his chair instead of joining the conga line.