One of the most common ways men take women down is by labeling us “crazy” — which is pretty funny when you think about it since men are the ones that make no sense. Here are some examples of men behaving erratically, inconsistently, and unreasonably which, if you ask us, is basically what it means to be a loon:
- They chase us for weeks but the second we’re interested, they’re over it. Honestly, the speed with which they go from being “in love” to being bored is totally mind-boggling.
- Just as a relationship starts going somewhere, they need “space.” Wtf. If ever there was a smoking gun proving that men are nuts, this is it. (If you haven’t read the chapter on men’s primal need for space in Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, you should — it’s fascinating in a sick sort of way.)
- When we give them their “space,” they usually just want to get close again. And we’re insane? #potmeetthekettle
- They don’t want to break up but they’re not ready to commit.Or they’ll commit but not act like they’re committed. Or they’ll dump us but keep coming around. Guys, make up your minds and then follow through. Seriously, it’s not that hard.
- Even when they’re totally into us, they communicate with us as if they can’t stand us. Fellas, if you like a girl, it’s probably not a good idea to ignore half her texts. Just sayin. And, while we’re on the subject, learn to send a text within a reasonable amount of time — your social calendar is not that tight.
- They’ll often act like they’re really into us even when they’re not. We get it — you’re just trying to get into our panties and while that doesn’t make you crazy, it does make you a loser. But, depending on your reaction to our confusion as we slowly figure out your game over days, weeks or months, you might be pretty twisted too, per #7.
- When they behave like douchebags, they wonder why we lose it. According to the laws of gravity, if you drop something, it will fall. Similarly, gentlemen, if you do messed up things — like openly flirt with other women in front of us or lead us on just so you can get laid — we will react and it won’t be pretty. And if you continue to call us “crazy” for having a bad reaction to your bad behavior, you’re the real lunatic.
- They’re selfish but call us “needy.” We’re apparently asking too much if we say we want to spend an afternoon together yet they’ll text us repeatedly at 2am when they’re horny after a night out and want to get laid on demand. Adhering to that kind of double-standard is not just unreasonable, it’s straight up cray.
- They want us to be one thing but also the opposite. An example: too many guys want virgins in their heads but whores in their beds. Apparently, being desirable sometimes depends on how effectively we strike a balance between two totally opposing things. #justcantwin