If you’ve just gone through a hard breakup, it’s pretty easy to feel down about life in general. Through all the tears, chocolate, and sad movies, remember these 9 silver linings to every failed relationship:
- You’re no longer wasting time. Think of all that time you spent with Mr. Wrong — what a waste! You’re lucky you got out when you did. Imagine how much more time you could have spent blind to the flaws of your relationship. Now you’re free and from this minute on, it’s onwards and upwards.
- You can refocus your life. What were you giving up to make time for your relationship? Your friends? Hobbies? Career? Well, now you’ve been given the opportunity to reinvest. You never needed a man to make your life worthwhile, but now it’s time come out of this on top as the best version of yourself.
- You’ll find out who your real friends are. Fake friends take sides. Real friends are there for you no matter what. These are the people who really love you. They’ve always been there and they always will be. You may not have a relationship at the moment, but you’re pretty damn lucky to have such great friends.
- You get to be selfish again. Being selfish doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You finally get to live for yourself. You’re in charge of your own life and you don’t have to answer to anyone anymore. Spend this time doing nothing but what you want to do. This is the time you’ll look back on and be so happy you lived your life to the fullest rather than wallowing in self-pity.
- You’ll discover your self-worth. Were you associating your self-esteem to your partner? If you only feel good enough when someone else loves you, then you really haven’t discovered your self-worth. The single life forces you to get to know yourself in the best way possible. You’ll find out exactly how to love yourself without needing someone else to love you first.
- You no longer fear a breakup. Honestly, finally breaking things off can lift a huge weight off your shoulders. You no longer have to worry about the end, because it’s already over. There are no more fights, no more anxiety about what’s to come — you finally get to start over and leave the past behind you.
- You’re free. You are no longer attached. You’re free to pursue anyone and anything you want. You’re not stuck in an unhealthy relationship — you can go out, flirt, and finally have some much needed fun. The old ball and chain is severed and your life is yours once again.
- You can get back to your happy place. When things started heading south in your relationship, the fact that you were miserable was an understatement. But guess what — that’s over now. You can finally get back to the things that made you happy and forget the ones that caused you pain.
- You’re stronger. If a messy breakup doesn’t kill you, it definitely makes you stronger. There might be a few scars on your heart, but you keep pushing. You’ve loved and you’ve lost, but every day is a new day, and you’ll get to do it all over again. Every first is yet to come, because your true love is still out there.