Finding your soulmate can often seem like the ultimate goal in life, and while love is a wonderful thing, it’s not the most important one. Finally meeting “The One” may be an amazing addition to your life, these things are just as — if not more — important:
- Good friends. Your friends will get you through the toughest times of your life. Without quality, loyal BFFs, you don’t have anything. Friends are the family we get to choose, so choose yours wisely and hold onto them.
- A job you actually like. Humans spend a huge portion of their lives working, so finding a job that you enjoy and feel fulfilled by is incredibly important. Being miserable everyday at work isn’t healthy. Find a career that makes you feel whole.
- Investing for your future. Think about what you want 10, 20, even 30 years from now. Yes, you could spend that extra money at the end of the week on some new shoes, but you need to look at the grand scheme of things. Set yourself up for down the road — that way you can take that road trip/vacation when you’re retired and not have to work until you’re 75.
- Independence. Loving yourself and having confidence is so important. Freedom to do whatever you want, when you want is so empowering and fun. Knowing how to look after yourself 100 percent and being totally self-sufficient is one of the biggest lessons you can learn.
- Excitement and adventure. You want to quit your 9-to-5 job and become a flight attendant and travel the country one flight at a time? Now’s the time. Whether your adventure is a day trip without your phone or learning to snowboard for the first time, experience every possible thing this world has to offer.
- Success — whatever that means to you. There’s nothing better than the feeling of accomplishing something and doing it well. Prioritize succeeding at whatever you do.
- Your health. Your health is all you have. Taking care of your physical body, as well as your mental and emotional well-being is the most important thing you can do in life. Eat right, go for a walk, and keep yourself in check.
- Not settling. Everyone gets lonely at some point, but that’s no reason to be/stay with someone. If you’re with someone, make sure he brings out the best version of you. You deserve the best.
- Not having regrets. Drop everything and backpack through Europe, if that’s what you want to do. Get a tattoo, learn a foreign language, do anything your heart desires. There shouldn’t be anything that will hold you back. We are only here on this earth for a short time, so do everything and regret nothing.