It’s normal to worry once in a while when you’re in a relationship. You might fear that some day it will end or your spark will fade, but there are some things you should never have to doubt — if your guy is an amazing AF boyfriend, that is.
- That he wants to spend time with you. A guy who’s interested in you and cares about you will want to see you as much as he can. Period. If you have to worry that you won’t see him because he’s gone off the radar again or that he’ll make excuses to get out of yet another date, then maybe he’s not as great as you think.
- That he means what he says. It’s such a wonderful feeling to be able to trust a guy’s words. When he says he’ll call, he does. When he says he’ll see you on Saturday, he will. By being able to trust him on the little things, he makes it easier for you to trust him on the bigger things, such as when he tells you how much he wants a future with you.
- That he loves you. Hearing it is great, but the actions of love are what really mean the most. A great guy won’t leave you wondering about what he really feels for you because he’ll be showing you all the time. You can see it in how he’s affectionate, for example, the way he looks at you from across the room or how he’s interested in more than just your body.
- That he’s there to support you. It’s a terrible feeling when you can’t depend on your partner during a tough time. Even though you can deal with your own stuff, it’s an amazing feeling to know that there’s someone out there who’s got your back and who will face the world with you. He can show this by listening to you and offering you a safe space for you to talk about your problems and by reminding you that he’s there for you even though he knows that you’re a strong woman.
- That you make him happy. It’s great to feel happy in your relationship because your guy is so wonderful, but what about making him feel happy and loved? You really don’t need to ask if he’s feeling these things because his actions will show them. He’ll want to be around you as much as he can and he’ll let you into all of his life because you make it a better one.
- That he might see your flaws but he loves you for them. Feeling gorgeous in a relationship is more than just being called gorgeous or sexy by your partner. It’s knowing that he loves you for what you consider your inner and outer flaws, not in spite of them. He knows that they’re what make you beautiful and unique.
- That distance won’t change how he feels. There might be times when distance tries to get between you and your partner, like when you can’t see each other for a weekend or two or he’s pulled to a different state for work. You might worry that physical distance will become the emotional kind, but a great guy won’t cause this to happen. The time apart might suck, but he’ll still be contacting you and showing you how much he loves you so it will feel like he’s right there with you. With a great guy, any physical distance has got nothing on your amazing relationship.