I’m in my mid-30s now, which made me the perfect age to enjoy The Babysitters Club at its peak in the early ’90s. I had all the books, watched the movie and the TV series, and was downright obsessed with being part of the Club. Well, now a whole new generation of fans will have the opportunity to “say hello to their friends” because Netflix is releasing an all-new Babysitters Club series.
The Baby-Sitters Club is back!
Get your first look at the new series (and the iconic book cover that inspired the new poster) pic.twitter.com/rKG6wg8PBF
— See What's Next (@seewhatsnext) March 12, 2020
- This is basically the best news ever. There’s a lot going on in the world right now and what we really need is some good news. Netflix bringing back The Babysitters Club definitely counts as good news. The classic series, based on the books of the same name by Ann M. Martin, teaches young people about friendship, responsibility, and embracing their true selves all the while being super entertaining. What more can we ask for?
- There will be 10 episodes in the first series. While we don’t know much about what Netflix has planned for Kristy Thomas, Mary-Anne Spier, Claudia Kishi, Stacey McGill, and Dawn Schafer so far, we do know that the Babysitters Club series will have 10 episodes to start with. Fingers crossed that it lasts way longer!
- There’s a fun cast involved. The biggest names announced so far are Alicia Silverstone as Kristy’s mom Elizabeth and Mark Feuerstein as Elizabeth’s love interest Watson. As for the actual members of the club, they’re all played by newcomers. Sophie Grace will play Kristy, Malia Baker will take on Mary-Anne, Momona Tamada is Claudia, Shay Rudolph will play Stacey, and Xochitl Gomez will be Dawn.
- The author is even involved in the series. Ann M. Martin herself is a writer and producer on the show, so you can rest assured that Netflix will be staying true to the heart and the series of The Babysitters Club. That’s always good news—there’s nothing worse than having one of your favorite series ruined!
- So when is it out? Sadly, Netflix hasn’t actually unveiled a release date just yet, so we’ll have to be patient. We do know it’s supposed to be out in 2020 at some point, but that’s about all the info there is so far.