Britney Spears has revealed that when Justin Timberlake ended their relationship, he did so with a two-word text rather than having a face-to-face conversation. The “Toxic” singer is not holding anything back in her new tell-all memoir, “The Woman In Me,” due out on October 24. The revelation of Timberlake’s cruel dumping method is the latest to be made public leading up to the book’s release.
- Earlier this week, Spears revealed she had an abortion after becoming pregnant with Timberlake’s child. She shared that while the couple was extremely young, she loved Timberlake and would have been happy to have his child. However, Timberlake was frank about his resistance to being a father, leading her to terminate the pregnancy.
- Spears and Timberlake ended their relationship in 2002. They’d been dating for three years at that point and had been completely in love, but things came to a head in the end and they went their separate ways. Timberlake went on to meet, date, and eventually marry Jessica Biel, with whom he has two children. Spears gave birth to two sons with Kevin Federline.
- Britney Spears says she considered quitting showbiz after Justin Timberlake cruelly dumped her by text. In an excerpt from The New York Times, Spears was “devastated’ by being dumped and that she didn’t know if she could continue her career. Not long after, Timberlake released “Cry Me a River,” which was said to be a dig at Spears for allegedly cheating with him. (She did later admit to kissing choreographer Wade Robson.)
- Justin Timberlake “blew the best thing he ever had.” Page Six says that Timberlake broke up with Spears while she was on the set of the “Overprotected: The Darkchild Remix” music video in LA. Towards the end of shooting for the day, director Chris Applebaum said that Spears went missing for between 20 and 40 minutes. He found her soon after sitting on the floor crying. She then held up her phone to Applebaum and said, “I can’t believe it. Look it. This happened.” She then showed him a text from Timberlake that simply read, “It’s over!!!”
- Want a partner? Attract love with the power of your mind. Sweetn is a new research-based startup that shows you how to call love into your life with the power of your mind. Take our quiz, and try our tools—they can transform your energy and your love life in a few weeks. Just click here.