Pickles are one of those foods that people either love or they hate, though I feel like more people enjoy them than not, hence the proliferation of pickle-flavored foods that aren’t actually pickles. Well, if you’re a true lover of the sour snack, you might be interested to know that canned pickle juice is a thing and that you can buy it online.
- It’s called Gordy’s Fine Brine. Gordy’s Pickle Jar is a Washington, D.C. based business known for making delicious small-batch pickles and pickle-related treats like relish and cherry pepper spread. However, they’re really changing the game with Gordy’s Fine Brine, which is literally pure pickle juice.
- If you’re someone who drinks pickle juice from the jar, this is for you. Granted, I definitely don’t love pickles enough to enjoy the juice too, but I have friends who do and they love this stuff. A whole can full of pickle juice? It sounds a bit hellish to me but to hardcore pickle lovers, it’s probably more like heaven.
- Technically speaking, it’s meant for cocktail making. Gordy’s isn’t actually directing customers to drink their canned pickle juice like they’re sipping on a Diet Coke. In reality, you could just add a splash or two of this to a number of cocktail creations for a bit more of a subtle flavor. That being said, no one can stop you from drinking it straight, you crazy creature.
- So what does it taste like? I mean yes, pickle juice tastes like pickle juice, but company founder Sarah Gordon told Tasting Table that Gordy’s Fine Brine is a bit more refined than that. “It’s literally a burst of acid and flavor all in one that brightens cocktails and dishes in a very subtle, balanced way,” she explained. “It rounds out cocktails and cooking recipes similar to how a pinch of salt does.”
- You can even buy it online. Gordy’s canned pickle juice comes in 4-packs and is available for $18 via the Gordy’s website if this sounds like something you can’t live another day without. At the moment, the juice is up for pre-order and is due to ship on February 20, so order yours here today.