If you can believe it, Magic Mike came out nearly a decade ago. The first movie was released in 2012 while the sequel, Magic Mike XXL, followed three years later in 2015. Since then, star Channing Tatum launched a live Vegas show called Magic Mike Live which has also toured over in London, and audiences have loved it. But things are about to get even better because now Tatum has launched a live competition show called The Real Magic Mike to find new cast members for the Vegas show. Sweet!
The unscripted reality competition will air on HBO Max. Channing Tatum teamed up with Steven Soderbergh for the series, which will debut on HBO Max later this year. They’re also working with the producers of the Magic Mike movies, so the show will have a real feel of the films. Eureka Productions and Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Warner Horizon will round off the team bringing The Real Magic Mike to life, Variety reports.
There are 10 men vying for a spot in the Magic Mike Vegas show. While you might expect this competition show to be all about the hot bodies, they’re presenting this as more than just a brainless bit of eye candy. The series will feature 10 hopefuls who have “lost their magic” who are ready to battle it out for the cash prize and spot in the show. However, there’s also plenty of heart to be had.
It seems The Real Magic Mike wants to pull on heartstrings, not just activate libidos. The show’s logline claims that while the contestants learn their routines and proceed in the competition, they will “bare their souls and more as they evolve their bodies” and “develop a new level of self-confidence.” But yes, it’s still going to be pretty hot too.
Casting is underway, so there’s still a while to wait. Casting is happening for the series right now so it hasn’t even started filming yet. However, knowing there will be something hot on TV later this year is something to look forward to, right?
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
Share this article now!