You might feel like your dating life sucks and it may seem like you’re never going to meet the right guy, but bear in mind that every single jerk and player you’ve dated is bringing you that much closer to love. Don’t give up!
- You’re growing with every experience. You might not realize it, but you’re becoming stronger, wiser and less tolerant to BS with every player that enters your life. You’re also learning what you don’t want in a partner, which will help you sidestep crap in future in favor of guys that will be good for you.
- You have to change your type, and that’s a good thing. If you’re only dating jerks and players, then sorry to say but instead of trying to change them, you should be changing the type of man you’re attracted to — otherwise you’re just going to keep finding yourself in unhappy relationships. A unicorn will treat you like the queen you are, so make that your type instead and you’ll start looking for him instead of the players.
- Your heartbreak has a purpose. Going through a lot of traumatic stuff is useless if you haven’t learnt important lessons. Although heartbreak can be difficult, stop pining for the jerks who are just going to continue smashing your heart into a million pieces. Your unicorn won’t be able to find you if you’re wrapped up in the wrong guy and you won’t take the hint that he’s bad for you, so learn the lesson and see why the bad relationships have to end. It will allow you to move on to something better.
- You’re becoming a unicorn. No, really. In order to attract a unicorn, you’re going to have to become a unicorn girlfriend. Maybe you’re already a great catch, but there’s no doubt that going through horrible relationships will make you an even better one because it’s making you settle for crap less and focus on why you deserve better from guys. Once you reach that state, you’re going to attract unicorn men who appreciate those qualities and can celebrate them.
- You can’t hurry great love, but you can keep the faith. Bad timing can screw up a relationship and there’s a reason why you haven’t met your unicorn yet. You might have dated a lot of players, but you have to do some work on yourself in order to be at the right time and place to meet your unicorn. The players are filling the gap and teaching you important lessons for the time being, so don’t stress on why you haven’t met your unicorn yet. Just keep the hope alive and know that he’s out there waiting to meet someone as amazing as you.
- You’re learning what not to do. Sometimes it’s not just the players that wreck your love life, but your choices too. For instance, if you’re putting up with the losers or you’re trying to fix the bad boys. Learning what you shouldn’t be doing can help you meet your unicorn in future because you will stop those negative habits that are holding you back from happiness.
- Bad relationships make you appreciate an amazing one. It’s sad but true: sometimes you don’t realize something is wonderful until you’ve had the completely opposite, totally terrible relationship. Although it sucks to go through all that heartache, it will definitely make you appreciate a good guy when you see him, as you should: unicorns are great.