Drug dealers have to make a living too, and if all you’re moving is marijuana on a daily basis, it’s pretty safe to say that you’re not particularly rolling in it. Perhaps that’s why Florida man Eric Thomas decided to call the cops on one of his customers who stole his money during a so-called sale. Sadly, it was Thomas who ended up behind bars.
- Thomas “called police in reference to a theft.” Officers in Largo, a city in the Tampa Bay area, got in touch with Thomas, who told them that he was just trying to sell some weed when a customer stole $10 from him during the sale. At the time, Thomas was holding 11 bags of weed, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by The Smoking Gun.
- He didn’t try to hide the fact that he was doing something illegal. It may be obvious, but it’s important to note that it’s not legal to sell drugs, including marijuana, in the state of Florida. However, Thomas still “made spontaneous statements about getting robbed while attempting to sell the marijuana,” said Officer Ricardo Morales.
- Thomas had more than 40 grams of marijuana at the time of his arrest. However, that’s not all. After he was placed under arrest he was found to have two baggies of cocaine in his pocket. It’s unclear whether the narcotics were for personal use or if he planned to sell those two.
- Eric Thomas was booked into Pinellas County Jail. He was handed two felony drug charges and held on $7,000 bond. He hasn’t been able to post that and is therefore still locked up.
- This wasn’t Thomas’ first brush with the law. In the last year alone, he’s been convicted for cocaine, marijuana, and battery charges. He even has another case that’s still pending for having seven bags of marijuana, which he put on display when emptying his pockets at a court security checkpoint. It seems Thomas really does not GAF.