A Florida man was placed under arrest for assaulting his wife with a Christmas tree. Richard Atchison, 52, is said to have “lost his temper” when his wife asked him to help with dinner, leading him to throw the tree at her in their Fruitland Park home, per Fox 35.
- Richard Atchison clearly has a temper. Per an arrest affidavit, Atchison’s wife asked for his help and accidentally splashed him with water after she put a spoon in the sink. At this point, he was so angry that he packed a bag and headed out. However, he soon came home “because he had been drinking” and told his wife to get out.
- His wife tried to get away from him. Not wanting the altercation to escalate, Atchison’s wife tried to leave, at which point the man pushed her before picking up their Christmas tree from the corner of the room and throwing it at her. He also blocked the front door so she was unable to leave.
- Somehow, she managed to alert the police. Officers from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office arrived shortly after and placed Richard Atchison under arrest. He was booked on domestic battery charges and taken to Lake County Jail.
- It’s unclear if he has since been released. No information is currently available in regard to whether Atchison is still in custody. It’s also unknown when he will appear in court to answer the charges against him.
- It seems like Atchison’s wife escaped relatively unscathed. Initial reports did not suggest that she needed medical attention over the incident, so it seems like she may have escaped without physical injury.