Thanks to brilliant comedians like Amy Schumer and Tina Fey, it’s become pretty obvious that women are not just pretty faces – we can be absolutely hilarious, too. Dating someone who’s funny is a pretty wild ride and will make your relationship fun and meaningful. Here’s why funny women make the best girlfriends:
- They won’t freak out on you. Women who have a sense of humor tend to see life in a much more glass-half-full kind of way. They won’t sweat the small stuff and you won’t get any angry texts when you have to reschedule a dinner date because your boss asked you to pull an all-nighter. Rest assured that a funny girlfriend is a calm girlfriend. What a relief, right?
- When they commit, it’s real. Funny women are used to turning first date disasters into comedy routines. They have their friends in fits of laughter after their stories, and they’re used to bad dates that give them nothing but material. If you have a funny girlfriend, you can be confident that she picked you and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
- Nothing will be awkward. Okay, it will – can’t promise that. Awkwardness is just a part of life and love. But your funny girlfriend will make the awkward moments that much better because she’ll have you in stitches the entire time. Whether you’re cooking stir-fry together and every single vegetable burns to a crisp, or you keep falling asleep during your Netflix binges and she has to shake you awake every five minutes, every moment you spend together will be a total riot.
- The boring will become brilliant. Need to get your driver’s license renewed? Buying groceries for healthy work lunches? Waiting five hours to get some blood taken? Everything you do will be so much more fun and less mundane if you date a funny girl. If you want to enjoy every minute of your life, and not just the parts that are supposed to be fun, then this is your dream woman.
- The Netflix commentary will be unreal. Netflix and chill takes on a whole new meaning when you’re in a committed relationship and will definitely be how you spend the majority of your time together. If your girlfriend is hilarious, she’s going to make whatever you’re watching seem so much funnier with her colorful commentary. Even if you’re watching a drama (actually, especially if you’re watching a drama).
- Confidence is super attractive. Confidence and a sense of humor go hand-in-hand. A woman can’t be funny without being confident – it’s just not possible. While dating a confident woman can be trying at times – she’ll never let you get away with murder – it’s always worth it because you’ll respect her so much more.
- She’ll always lift your spirits. Dating someone who cracks jokes on a regular basis is pretty awesome. No matter how awful your day at work, when you come home to her, she’s going to make you smile and make your bad mood totally disappear.
- She’ll be laid-back. If you marry the funny girl, you’ll probably have an outdoor wedding in someone’s backyard. Date nights will be all about pizza and beer instead of heading to a fancy and super pricey Italian restaurant. You’ll be living the dream, basically.
- She’ll keep you on your toes. It’s pretty boring to date someone who is predictable, no matter what gender you are. It’s great to have a funny partner because they’ll keep you guessing and you won’t have any clue what they’re going to say next. That will keep the romance alive and the relationship exciting, no matter what you go through together.