If you love heading out to the bar every weekend, you probably have a go-to drink. Sure, red wine and locally brewed ale might be nice, but a new study suggests that it’s gin drinkers who are the sexiest. Sound crazy? Maybe it’s not…
Other alcohol just isn’t as sexy… or intense. According to a large scale study published in BMJ Open, gin drinkers are seen as more attractive than people who drink other spirits and four in 10 of them actually feel sexier after having a couple of drinks. However, it’s not all good news—those who drink gin and other spirits like vodka, gin, and rum are also seen as more aggressive, with 30% reporting feeling ready for a good fight after they’ve knocked back a few.
Red and white wine drinkers are the most mellow (and the horniest). Only 2.5% of wine drinkers reported feeling aggressive after drinking, and beer drinkers also rated low at 7%. However, a full 25% of red wine drinkers reported feeling horny after they’ve had a few drinks, though 60% also reported feeling kind of sleepy.
Wine and beer are great for relaxing. Approximately half of red wine and beer drinkers reported feeling pretty chilled out after a couple of drinks, and 45% felt more confident. This is only slightly lower than the 59% of spirit drinkers who claim they feel like a million bucks after they’ve had a few drinks.
Alcohol and aggression are pretty heavily intertwined. As study co-author and Public Health Wales’ director of policy Professor Mark Bellis explained, “For centuries, the history of rum, gin, vodka and other spirits has been laced with violence. This global study suggests even today consuming spirits is more likely to result in feelings of aggression than other drinks. In the UK, a litre of off-licence spirits can easily be bought for £15 or less, making a double shot only 75 pence. Such prices can encourage consumption at levels harmful to the health of the drinker and through violence and injuries also represent a risk to the people around them.”
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 12 Things That Might Make You Think He Doesn’t Have An STD But You’re Wrong
- Are You An Assertive, Badass Woman? 12 Signs You Take No Crap
- 13 Deeply Intimate Things To Do Besides Sex
- Incredible Women Often Have The Worst Dating Lives — Here’s Why
- 7 Subtle Signs You’re Hotter Than You Think
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Attracting Toxic Guys Until I Stopped Doing These 10 Things
Share this article now!