More than 400 people purchased tickets to a four-day sex festival held in a British field despite COVID-19 concerns. Swingathon kicked off on Friday, July 2 in fields near the town of Grantham in Lincolnshire even though the organizers of the event claimed earlier in the week that the event had been canceled due to government guidelines. That didn’t stop more than 200 people, who were later caught on drone images, from heading out for a little kinky fun.
- Couples bought tickets at £200 ($275) each. Swingathon organizers claim that in total, 400 tickets had been sold, though it’s clear not everyone turned up. That’s a shame since it seems like they missed out on a whole lot of fun.
- There’s no shortage of things to do at Swingathon. Besides all the sex, when your nether regions need a bit of a break, you can play on adult bouncy castles, take part in wet t-shirt contests, or even visit a mobile dungeon for a BDSM demonstration.
- But that’s not all! In addition to staying with another couple in four-person yurts with their own hot tubs, Swingathon is also offering naked singers, a Miss and Mr. Swingathon 2021 pageant, face painting, cigar bars, and best of all, a Linkin Park tribute band! And, if that’s not enough, you can check out the outdoor cinema and sweet bar or go clay pigeon shooting.
- The event definitely isn’t COVID-safe. At the moment, it’s illegal for gatherings of more than 30 people to take place in the UK, but Swingathon attendees clearly aren’t concerned. “There is a lack of loos and washing facilities, and no social distancing so it isn’t covid safe,” one attendee said. “Everyone was asked to take a test so that doesn’t worry me. It’s all pretty well spaced out.”
- The whole event has been meticulously planned. You have to have a ticket to attend Swingathon and you could only buy one if you had three personal verifications on your Fabswingers profile, according to organizers. Once you check into the festival, you can’t leave unless there’s an emergency and guests were only given the location after tickets were purchased. It’s all very official! Let’s just hope there’s not a massive spike of the virus, I guess.