Sex in a new relationship is raw and passionate, but the longer you’re together, undressing each other gives way to undressing yourself—or just keeping your clothes on the whole time. It might not sound sexy, but I actually love it—give it a try and you might too.
- It allows for longer, better quality foreplay. Undressing each other and wondering what someone’s body looks like under their clothes is all part of foreplay. That mystery of not knowing what lies beneath is really sexy and such a turn-on. Unfortunately, after a number of years together, you probably know exactly what your partner’s body looks like. Frankly, I wish I knew a bit less (thank you, Hemorrhoid Saga of 2014). Keeping our clothes on helps to bring back that mystery and newness that’s so exciting in a fresh relationship.
- Semi-clothed bodies are sexier. Completely naked bodies conjure up thoughts about biology and art, whereas partially clothed bodies say sex and intrigue. The idea of a guy with his top off and slightly undone jeans is much sexier than the idea of the same guy standing butt naked with his wang out, at least in my opinion. It’s time to bring sexy back into the bedroom.
- It makes me feel so much more confident. I’m not all that body confident and it’s one of the reasons I don’t like to do crazy positions in bed. I’m always worried about what I look like from every given angle and how many rolls are visible. Because of this, I find it hard to relax into the position, even if it feels great. Keeping some clothes on hides a multitude of sins and allows me to enjoy more aspects of sex than I would if I was naked.
- It really doesn’t matter what we wear. This is one of the best things about keeping our clothes on. I look just as sultry in a silky dress as I do in a basic t-shirt. I don’t need to buy expensive dress-up clothes; the ones I’m wearing at the time are just fine. A cheap and easy way to spice up our sex life? What more could I want?
- Heels on instantly ramps up the sex appeal. I can’t explain it, but keeping my heels on during sex instantly increases the seductiveness of the situation by 200%. They give me better posture, I feel taller, more confident, leaner—all good things! If I don’t keep anything else on in the bedroom, I make sure to keep my shoes on. I just have to be careful not to stab my partner somewhere precious. Talk about an instant mood killer.
- I work with my clothes, not against them. I never feel like my clothes are a barrier; I make them work for me. It’s so sexy when my guy has to pull my clothing to the side, undo a couple of buttons, or slip his hands underneath something. It’s what all great erotic novels, films, and pornos are made of and not without reason. Setting the scene and not having access to someone’s full body is much hotter than having it served on a platter. I love to make him work for it.
- A statement piece of jewelry can also work well. If I really want to be naked (which is admittedly rare), a chunky statement necklace can change up the atmosphere too. I choose something that highlights my collarbone or drops between my breasts and feels nice against the skin. It’s also great when my partner wears a necklace. I know it sounds weird, but the slight tickle of the pendant as he’s kissing my body easily sends me over the edge.
- We always get undressed for post-sex cuddles. Whether we sleep naked together, watch a movie in the buff, or just get that skin-on-skin bond after sex with some post-orgasm snuggle time, we do get close and cuddly sans clothes sometimes. Being able to lie naked with my partner and feel comfortable is important too, but that doesn’t mean sex is the only time we can get that closeness.