Kim Kardashian’s BFF Jonathan Cheban, the self-proclaimed “Food God,” has filed a $20 million lawsuit against Korean BBQ sauce company San-J for allegedly destroying his beautiful hands and ruining his social media career as a result. The incident happened back in 2020 and, from the looks of his Instagram page, he’s suffered no long-lasting damage, but Cheban is still hoping for a huge payoff for the so-called “injuries” he sustained at the time.
- Apparently, a bottle of San-J’s sauce broke in Cheban’s hand. In legal documents obtained by TMZ, the reality star claimed that he grabbed a bottle of San-J’s sauce in Florida in October 2020 and popped it in the fridge. However, when he took it out to make dinner with a few hours later, it broke in his hand.
- The bottle “inexplicably exploded” and cut him. Cheban went on to claim that a huge shard of glass cut his hand and caused “significant blood loss.” He included photos of the broken bottle, which hadn’t been opened before it broke.
- Cheban had to get several stitches. And while the wound was ultimately small, he still claimed the injury has left him with nerve damage and serious pain even three years later. That’s because the shard cut him directly near “major arteries in his wrist.”
- The accident ruined his social media career. Jonathan Cheban claimed that as a result of San-J’s negligence, he lost the “ability to use his hand in his social media posts, in his advertisements, and his ability to sponsor various food items.”
- That seems slightly odd to anyone who’s checked out the Food God’s Instagram page. Photo after photo and video after video shows Cheban’s hands in their full glory with no cuts, bruises, or any apparent injuries. However, he still thinks he has a case.
- Cheban wants $20 million for his troubles. His lawsuit isn’t just filed against San-J, but also the manufacturer of the bottle the sauce was in and the store he bought it from. Good luck on that one, buddy.