I know it doesn’t take much to get me excited about new food, but hear me out on this one, guys. I’ve always loved Little Debbie snack cakes – I grew up on them! From Swiss Rolls and Nutty Bars to Zebra Cakes, I’ve never had one I didn’t love. But now Little Debbie has turned their classic Oatmeal Cream Pies into a breakfast cereal and oh man, I’m pretty stoked about it.
- Oatmeal Cream Pies have been around for nearly 60 years. Considering I’m 36, that kinda makes sense since I’ve been eating them all my life. What better way to mark an anniversary than to put the legendary treat into a new form? Little Debbie cereal just seems like a natural move, right?!
- Boxes will be available in two different sizes. According to Kellogg’s, who’s working with Little Debbie to bring Oatmeal Cream Pie cereal to life, 9.1-oz. boxes will retail for $3.99 while larger 14.5-oz. boxes will cost $5.69. I think you can probably guess which size I’ll be getting.
- So how are they getting that Oatmeal Cream Pie flavor? The cereal is comprised of crunchy oatmeal cookie pieces that are coated with a “frosting” made with nutmeg, cinnamon, and molasses. In other words, it’s the sugar rush you’re looking for that you can pour in a bowl and it sounds incredible.
- Sadly, they’re not available just yet. Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Cream Pie cereal won’t actually hit supermarket shelves until November or December, depending on your source. According to Delish, you’re looking at a December release date, but FoodBeast gives me more hope since they’re saying that we should be able to get a hold of them sometime in November. Whenever they pop up, I know I’ll be buying them.
- No word on whether or not this is limited-edition. There’s no telling how long they’ll be around but hopefully we’re looking at a permanent addition to Kellogg’s range – and more Little Debbie treats will get the cereal translation too.