A comedian dressed as Superman narrowly escaped serious injury after being hit by a bus while pretending to stop it in motion in the street. Luiz Ribeiro de Andrade was filming a video in the municipality of Barra dos Coqueiros on May 30 when he decided to mimic stopping the bus with the mere power of his hands. Instead, the bus nearly knocked him over after it ran into him. Luckily, he was able to walk away without incident and even laughed the whole thing off.
He made a joke of being hit. As he walked away, he remarked: “Now I’ve seen I really am made of steel.” During another part of the video, he even remarked that he would “make a complaint about this vehicle’s breaks” as “they’re not working.” I don’t think the bus driver would have anticipated Superman trying to stop the vehicle in the street, of course!
He didn’t actually mean to get hit. While that made the video even more memorable, Luiz told F5 News the following day that in reality, he miscalculated his distance from the bus and that’s why he got hit. In addition, he added that he didn’t actually think there was anything wrong with the brakes on the bus and that the accident was totally his fault.
The transport company did put out a statement. Setransp, the transport company that runs the bus, emphasized “the importance of attention to traffic (and) ensuring all necessary care” for all customers and pedestrians.
He credits God with protecting him from more serious injury. “He did what he could and I acted wrong. It’s a stunt I always do, but this time it almost turned into an accident, and it wasn’t serious because the hand of God was there,” he explained. “I didn’t feel anything with the knock. I was hit through my own fault and a miracle of God took place there. God acted at that time and protected me.” That might be the case, but I bet God would prefer if he didn’t pull a stunt like that again!
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!