Like many women, Megan Fox has had enough of men’s bullsh*t. In addition to general misogyny that plagues the fairer sex in everyday life, the “Jennifer’s Body” star also dates men, meaning she’s exposed to a whole other level of toxicity from guys. That’s why she’s written a new book of poetry entitled “Pretty Boys Are Poisonous.” In fact, her experiences have been so bad that Fox says that her body “aches” from the weight of carrying men’s “sins.”
- She’s being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. At least that’s how Simon and Schuster, the publishing house releasing the collection, is trying to posit Megan Fox’s poetry collection. “Megan Fox showcases her wicked humor throughout a heartbreaking and dark collection of poetry,” they describe the volume. By “humor,” they surely mean in a “laugh to keep from crying” kind of way, right?
- Megan Fox has a whole lot to say in her poetry. So much so that she’s written an impressive 70 poems to moan about it. “Over the course of more than 70 poems, Fox chronicles all the ways in which we fit ourselves into the shape of the ones we love, even if it means losing ourselves in the process,” Simon and Schuster’s synopsis continues.
- The actress felt like she simply had to write to get her feelings out. Announcing the book on her Instagram page, Fox said she hoped writing the poetry would help her heal from the trauma she’d experienced at the hands of men. “These poems were written in an attempt to excise the illness that had taken root in me because of my silence.”
- “Carrying men’s sins” has had a terrible effect on her. She continued on Instagram: “I’ve spent my entire life keeping the secrets of men, my body aches from carrying the weight of their sins. My freedom lives in these pages, and I hope that my words can inspire others to take back their happiness and their identity by using their voice to illuminate what’s been buried, but not forgotten, in the darkness.”
- A lot of fans are speculating that the book is about Machine Gun Kelly. Megan Fox and Kelly, real name Colson Baker, called off their engagement earlier this year, and the pointed comments about the book made many think that the poems were about Fox’s ex. “Damn. If it was toxic just say that,” one person wrote in the comments. Another added: “MGK diss track coming soon?”
- “Pretty Boys Are Poisonous” is already available for pre-order. However, you’ll have to wait a while longer because it’s not actually out until November 7. If you’ve ever wanted to read poetry by Megan Fox, this is your chance.