A woman who lost her teeth after they decayed during her pregnancy is breaking the stigma about younger people having dentures by sharing her incredible smile with the world via social media. Alicia, 36, has more than 15 million views on her TikTok video in which she encouraged women to show off “how hot we look, how beautiful we look, with or without” dentures. She’s amazing!
3 MIN!!😍Y I take my #teethout #SkipTheRinse #snapindentures #dentureconfidence #mindsetmotivation #acceptance #denturesatayoungage #teethtok #dental
- Alicia isn’t ashamed of having dentures at a young age. After all, why should she be? She has healthy, happy kids and dentures that look amazing. She has every reason to feel confident in herself and her appearance and won’t let anyone make her feel bad about it. In other words, she’s an inspiration to us all on how to love ourselves regardless of what others deem as “imperfections.”
- She’s not going to let the haters tear her down. Alicia has faced a fair amount of criticism from haters who call her “gross” for openly taking out her dentures all the time, but she’s not phased by it. “I told myself when I went through this that there was not going to be a single person that could say a damn thing to me that’d make me feel bad about it,” she says in one of her videos.
- Her teeth started falling out after the birth of her first child. When Alicia gave birth to her first daughter, Katie, 18 years ago, that’s when her teeth started falling out. “One of my eye teeth just broke right out [in a McDonald’s hamburger], and I was so freaking embarrassed,” she said on her Princess Glitterhead YouTube channel. “I had just married my husband, we just had our first baby. This man married me with perfect teeth … And then the next year his wife is missing a front [tooth].”
- Admittedly, she previously had poor dental health. Alicia had a really traumatic experience with a dentist as a child and so avoided going back for regular treatment and care. Totally understandable! That combined with poor diet likely contributed to her tooth loss. “During pregnancy, I don’t think I ate properly. I wasn’t as healthy as I should have been. So the baby had to strip things out of my body that I didn’t know I didn’t have… mostly calcium from [my] teeth,” she said. During her second pregnancy, she basically lost the last of her teeth.
- Now, she’s got amazing clip-in dentures. She shelled out $16,000 for them and looks fab! “It was the scariest thing I have ever done, but I knew it could be the best decision I ever made… we have the power to make this decision the best thing we ever did for ourselves,” she said. Good for her!
Reply to @__peter_peter__ Peter Peter with the little Peter energy 🤣 #trolling #rolling #smalldenergy #toothlessprincess #ONLYFORYOU #PETER