An influencer and mother of three has admitted that she spent $10,000 spoiling herself for Christmas and bought her kids nothing for the holiday. Carla Bellucci, 38 and from Hertfordshire in the UK, insisted she had no qualms about leaving 15-year-old Tanisha, 13-year-old Jayden, and 18-year-old Jermaine presentless on December 25 as they should be earning their own money. And hey, she deserves to treat herself!
- Carla really went all out this year. The $10,000 she spent on herself went on touch-up Botox treatment and fillers, new veneers, a manicure and pedicure, and new clothes and shoes. While she could have spent even a fraction of that on her kids, she doesn’t believe there’s any reason to do so. After all, they didn’t earn that money, she did.
- She’s trying to “use COVID as a life lesson.” In an interview with The Sun, Carla said that the novel coronavirus has been pretty stressful and she needed to spoil herself to unwind. Not only that, but getting nothing under the tree for Christmas is a way to teach her kids about… something? “I don’t care if people call me spoilt or selfish. I know I deserve my £8,000 spending spree. Spoiling kids at Christmas is wrong. I think parents who spoil their kids this year are hypocrites,” she said. “I am a brilliant mum and am using COVID Christmas as a life lesson. I want my kids to be social media stars and withholding gifts this year will teach them to make money for themselves. Lockdown stressed me so I need to spoil myself. I have always bought the kids nice things at Christmas throughout the years. It’s Mummy time now.”
- Carla believes spoiling herself will keep her husband faithful. She went on to say that she believes that spoiling your kids is doing women a disservice as it means foregoing self-care and “letting yourself go,” which will ultimately lead to your partner looking elsewhere for someone hotter. “I think mums who spoil their kids and don’t spend money on themselves normally let themselves go. That’s why they end up divorced and their fellas stray. No one wants a scummy mummy, you have to work at looking good and mums who spoil their kids don’t,” she explained. “That won’t happen to me.”
- Her kids are kinda mad at her. They wanted some Air Force Ones, phones, and laptops for Christmas instead of nothing at all, but Carla says if they want those things, it’s up to them to hustle on social media to get them. “It sounds harsh but I know they’re on their social media feeds doubling their efforts for promotion deals, just like the Kardashians and Kylie Jenner, so I consider myself a super mum for inspiring them,” Carla insisted. “They needed a push to get their Instagram careers off the ground, so that’s what I gave them. If toddlers can make money from Instagram collaborations, I see no reason my kids can’t. If they want Christmas gifts, they’ll have to buy them for themselves – like I did.”
- To be fair, this isn’t all that surprising. Carla is the same woman who previously made headlines for lying about having depression so that she could get a free nose job on the NHS, so if you’re shocked by this story, I don’t know what to tell you!