You’re strong, independent, and you know where you’re going in life. You’ve got dreams and goals, and no one’s going to keep you from achieving them. No matter what anyone says, you should never apologize for being ambitious.
- Women have come too far to be put down. The Women’s Rights Movement didn’t end in the 1920s — it was only the beginning of a spark that ignited women to rise up and empower ourselves to be all we know we could be. The rights that women in the past have fought for should not be in vain. We still have a long way to go.
- Ambition isn’t just a man’s quality. Certain words have been conditioned to be associated with men, so that when we hear “ambition”, we think of it as a masculine quality, even though it really isn’t. Women have just as much right to be ambitious as men. Don’t ever believe that you’re not entitled to being ambitious just because you’re a woman.
- It gives you character. Ambition breeds success. It teaches you perseverance and hard work, which are both positive qualities to have not only as a woman, but as an individual.
- It makes you a stronger person. Failure is a part of life, but if you’re ambitious, you’ll continue to work hard until you succeed. You’ll overcome hardships and learn the value of grit and determination. Continue to be ambitious and it’ll make you a stronger person in life.
- You’re entitled to your dreams. Imagine if Rosa Parks, Oprah, or Hillary Clinton had given up on their dreams. They wouldn’t have made history and influenced women throughout the world if they hadn’t believed in themselves. They paved a way for other women to believe in themselves, and that’s exactly why you should believe in yourself, too. Never believe that you can’t aspire towards your dreams.
- You deserve to succeed. As a woman, and as a human in general, you deserve to succeed in life. No matter what your background may be, you can always change your stars. If you can dream it, you can do it.
- It’s an appealing trait. Being a strong woman is an attractive trait. It shows that you’re fearless and confident and willing to do what you have to in order to succeed.
- You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. Why should you apologize for going after something that you want? Ambition is not a thing to apologize for just because you’re a woman. Don’t let your gender dictate your dreams.