A 4-year-old boy caused quite a stir in a British hardware store after he pooped in a display toilet. The incident happened at B&Q in Glastonbury and left the parents mortified, with the boy’s dad having to clean up the mess. The toddler’s mom, Caroline Akhtar, shared the hilarious tale on Facebook.
- The boy’s parents “can’t quite believe what’s happened.” As Akhtar wrote, she and her partner Aaron went with their 4-year-old son Jacob and daughters Frankie, 3, and Eliza, 1, to look for a new washing line. They had no idea, however, what was about to occur.
- Caroline and Aaron only turned their backs for a second. When they turned around, they realized that Jacob had climbed up onto one of the display toilets, dropped his pants, and relieved his bowels into it. It wasn’t long before the smell alerted his parents to what had happened.
- Jacob had done a “very big poo” in the display toilet. Caroline said she immediately ran out to the car to get wet wipes before coming back to see Jacob still sitting there “because ‘he needed to finish’ and hubby didn’t know what else to do.” She told NeedToKnow.com (via NY Post): “He was still on the toilet so I proceeded to help wipe his bum still and explain about the toilets in shops are not actual toilets.”
- Aaron had to clean up his son’s mess, but store employees were extremely understanding. “The young shop assistant couldn’t stop laughing but also completely ignored the situation, don’t blame the lad,” Caroline wrote on Facebook. Aaron fished out his son’s excrement with a plastic bag and the family was on its way.
- Even Caroline and Aaron can see the funny side. “At first we were mortified but then we found it funnier and funnier,” Caroline told NeedToKnow.com. “I quick paced back to the car park to get wet wipes and nappy bags and couldn’t stop laughing then.”