The idea of mixing coffee and alcohol isn’t particularly new — people have been adding whiskey to their morning brew for eons, after all — and big booze brands want in. From Jameson’s Cold Brew Whiskey to Bailey’s Cold Brew, there are plenty of options for your morning buzz, and now there’s another one! PBR Hard Coffee exists to make your mornings a whole lot brighter.
- PBR wants to stay on the cutting edge of beverages. “Pabst Blue Ribbon has always been a brand that pushes boundaries and celebrates those who experiment and try new things,” said John Newhouse, brand manager for PBR, in a statement. “Hard Coffee is an opportunity for us to pioneer a delicious and fun new drink, and give America something unique.”
- It’s supposedly the first drink of its kind. PBR Hard Coffee combines a blend of Arabica and Robusta coffee beans and “rich, creamy American milk” and a hint of vanilla. Oh, and the alcohol, of course. There’s 5% ABV here which isn’t quite enough to get you wasted but could be a nice little wake-up call.
- PBR Hard Coffee was first released last summer. In reality, the drink has been on shelves since July 2019, but its kept such a low profile that people are only just finding out about it. Now that we’re all working from home and we’re able to get our mornings started (mostly) on our own terms, there’s never been a better time for a product like this.
- If you’re looking something a little different from your alcohol, this could be it. If you’re equally obsessed with iced coffee and alcohol of various kinds, PBR Hard Coffee offers the best of both worlds. It’s not so boozy that you’ll feel like a lush sipping one mid-afternoon, but it’s also a nice twist on your classic cold brew, which is just fine by me.
- So where can you find it? If you haven’t seen it on shelves at your local supermarket, liquor store, or anywhere else alcohol is sold, you can always use the store locator on the PBR website and that should point you in the right direction.