If you’ve been dating someone new for a little while, it’s only natural to start wondering whether there’s long-term potential. Even though it’s impossible to know if you’ll be together forever, here are a few signs that your relationship is the real deal and you might just go the distance.
- You agree on kids and marriage. Whether you both definitely want kids and plan on getting married or you both detest the idea, the fact that you’re on the same page about these important life changes is a good sign. This is a real deal breaker for some people and they don’t tend to change their minds about these kinds of things. Wanting the same things in the future will give you a chance of staying together.
- You’ve met the parents and you get along with them. Even though you might not think it’s that important, a good relationship with your partner’s parents can make or break the relationship. Nobody wants any hostility or unfriendliness, and if your partner picks up on that sort of thing, then chances are this will cause a problem in your relationship. If you get on with the parents, not only does it make your life easier, but it makes your relationship run a whole lot smoother too.
- Your vacations are always successful. If you’re ever unsure about the strength of your relationship then go on vacation with them and see how it goes. If you’re constantly arguing about petty things or you struggle with personal space, then chances are your relationship isn’t going to last forever. But if you get on really well and have a great time, then that’s a good indication that your relationship could withstand any future troubles.
- You’re planning on moving in together. Moving in together is a huge step in any relationship and it’s usually the big test that defines if you’ll stay together long-term or not. If you’re thinking about taking that step, that means you’re already considering this a serious relationship. Seeing someone every day and letting them into your personal space is a big life change. You have to be committed to someone to take that step.
- The spark is always there. If you’re really in love with someone, the spark doesn’t come and go. It’s still there even in the middle of an argument and it’s still there even when you’re both looking your worst. If you can’t get enough of them long after the honeymoon phase, then that’s always a good sign that your relationship is more than just a short-term romance.
- Your sex life is good. For most couples, sex is an important part of the relationship. If the bedroom action isn’t living up to your expectations, then it’s highly likely that this will cause problems on the whole. It’s not just about the sex, it’s about intimacy. If things are going well in this department and you’re both happy with each other inside and outside of the bedroom, that’s a good sign that your relationship is going to last.
- You tell them a lot of things about yourself. If you open up to them about important things including your past, that’s usually an indication that you see them in your future. Why else would you tell them things that nobody else knows? It’s because you trust them and you see them as a big part of your life. That’s a big giveaway that your relationship has long term potential.
- You include each other in future plans. You can tell a lot about how someone feels about you by the way they talk about the future. If there’s little mention of you in their vision, then it’s more likely that they don’t see you in it or they haven’t thought that far ahead. If they make an effort to include you in their plans then that means, that they are very serious about your relationship and they don’t see it ending anytime soon. Isn’t love great?
- Your relationship is built on trust and honesty. A telltale sign that your relationship is going to last is if you’re as honest with each other as you are with yourself. Do you tell them a lot of white lies or are you really honest with them even if it means hurting their feelings occasionally? If you love someone, you’ll tell them the truth despite the chance that it could upset them. If you have the kind of relationship where you feel comfortable with one another and you can be your honest, true self around them, then you’ve got yourself a winner.