I’m a simple woman at heart, and sometimes there’s nothing better than a 6″ meatball marinara from Subway. It has to be the Italian bread and you gotta have provolone melted on top. Grab 3 cookies and a large Diet Coke and you’ve got yourself a good time, in my book. That being said, I’m not sure I’d want to eat it more than once every six months. However, if you are a big fan of Subway and would to eat it often, the chain is going to give one person free sandwiches for life… with one minor caveat.
- You’ll need to legally change your first name to “Subway.” While grabbing a 6” won’t put most people in the poorhouse, the costs add up if you eat there (or anywhere else!) often. That means Subway isn’t going to just give free sandwiches to anyone. If you want to eat gratis, you’ll need to be willing to legally change your first name to “Subway,” and you’ll have to provide proof that you’ve done.
- However, you shouldn’t head down to file your paperwork just yet. Changing your name isn’t a guarantee that you’ll be a winner. Instead, you’d need to wait to be chosen by the chain, and you’re likely going to have a lot of competition.
- Anyone who’s interested needs to register online. The website SubwayNameChange.com will allow anyone who thinks this is a good idea to sign up and express their interest. You’ll have to do so between 9 a.m. EST on August 1st and 11:59 p.m. EST on August 4th, so you don’t have much time to think about it!
- If you do get chosen, you won’t be out of pocket. Because I’ve never wanted to change my name, I had no idea that it can be quite a costly affair — $750, apparently! Well, in addition to free sandwiches for life, Subway has offered to cover the name change fee for their chosen winner, “making it easy and effortless to become Subway and enjoy a lifetime of delicious Subs.” They won’t cover the extra $750 you’ll need to change it back when you realize it was a bad idea, of course.
- If chosen, you’ll have four months to change your name. You’ll need to go through the name change process within 160 days in order to claim your free Subway sandwiches for life. Given that you’ll literally have to change everything — bank accounts, passports, credit cards, etc. — you’re going to need that time!
- So, is it really free Subway sandwiches for life? Yes and no. The company details the prize as being $50,000 worth of gift cards. That means if you treat your friends and family regularly, you likely won’t have enough to last you until the day you die. Still, that’s a fair few sandwiches!
- The competition is open to anyone 18 and over, though 18-year-olds would definitely be way too blase about doing something like this. They’d likely see it as a fun thing to do for the lolz. (Then again, there will be plenty of 30-year-olds that feel the same, I’m sure.) There are a couple of exceptions to the age rule, by the way. You’ll need to be 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi.
Hardcore Subway enthusiasts can enter a contest in August to win free sandwiches for life — if they commit to legally changing their first name to “Subway” https://t.co/ATXoJaC0uU
— Bloomberg (@business) July 26, 2023
Right? Because a very well adjusted person is certainly wanting to change their name for free subway?
— Porto Rickon (@richsroth) July 28, 2023
I'd change my name to Subway 🚇 for free food every day.
— Michael Crouch (@mcrouch438) July 28, 2023
The catch?….you have to eat them
— Ludwig von Rothbard (@BKH511) July 27, 2023
I don't want that nasty 🤢 food lol even free lmao 🤣
— Fashionking777 (@Fashionking7771) July 27, 2023