Taco Bell may be known for its take on Mexican food, but they’re also not shy about combining those offerings with American classics. That seems to be the inspiration behind their new Grilled Cheese Burrito that pretty much looks like the most delicious thing you could possibly eat (at least in terms of fast food). Here’s everything you need to know about the new offering.
- Some people have probably tried it before. Incidentally, Taco Bell already tested its Grilled Cheese Burrito in Chattanooga, TN, back in November 2019 so plenty of people in the southern state will already have gotten their hands on this. Because of how popular it got, the fast-food chain decided to take it nationwide, and thank goodness for that!
- A Grilled Cheese Burrito is exactly the thing I want to eat. The burrito is full of seasoned beef and rice, a blend of three delicious cheeses, crunchy red strips, chipotle sauce, and reduced-fat sour cream. All of that is inside a flour tortilla that’s “hugged by a warm layer of grilled cheese.” Yes to all of the above, thank you.
- You can even make it vegetarian. Just because you don’t eat meat doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this. All you need to do is ask your friendly Taco Bell employee to switch out the ground meat for beans and voila, you have yourself a tasty veggie treat.
- There are a few ways to get a hold of the grilled cheese burrito. The next time you’re at Taco Bell, you can buy the Grilled Cheese Burrito on its own for $2.99 or get it as part of a $5 box, which also comes with Cinnamon Twists, a Crunchy Taco, and a medium soda. Either way is a bargain but I’d probably go for the box because I’m greedy and hungry pretty much 24/7.
- It’s only available for a limited time and while supplies last. You know what that means – you’ll have to hurry!