An Uber Eats customer in Florida who ordered Japanese food over the weekend received his food as well as a “disgusting” additional item in his bag. According to Leo, who only wanted to be identified by his first name, a pair of soiled underwear had also been thrown in with his order, Local 10 reports. Who on earth would do such a terrible thing?
- This isn’t just gross, it’s potentially dangerous. Dealing with someone else’s bodily excretions isn’t just nasty, it could cause illness. That was Leo’s biggest problem with the underwear inclusion. “Disgusting, unhealthful, it’s potentially deadly,” Leo said. “What do you do if you find this in your food?!”
- It didn’t exactly give him a good impression of Miami. Leo had only come into town to attend Art Basel, so when he ordered from the local Japanese spot via Uber Eats just before 10 a.m., he probably was expecting a tasty meal. Instead, he got the exact opposite.
- Something was up with the Uber Eats delivery guy. As Leo recalls, he came down from his hotel room to meet the delivery guy and the driver’s behavior was less than normal. “I grabbed the food and right when I got the food she took off running and I was like, ‘That was kind of odd,'” Leo recalled.
- It wasn’t until he got back to his hotel room that he realized what was going on. Opening the brown paper bag, he saw his food… and the dirty underwear. “I thought this, when I was pulling it out, this sure is a fancy napkin,” Leo said. It definitely wasn’t: it was underwear with human feces on it.
- Leo called the police and the restaurant. He said they were both apologetic but didn’t do anything about it. That’s why he called Local News 10 so that people could be aware of what happened. “Any other thing, you can let it pass, but that’s not a joke,” Leo said.
- Uber Eats gave him a full refund for his order. “What’s been reported is very concerning. We are reviewing this order and reaching out to all parties involved to help understand what may have occurred. The courier has been removed from the app pending investigation,” Uber said in a statement. They insist they’ve had no other issues like this.