Have you ever had a gut feeling that turned out to be totally right or found yourself somehow just knowing the right answer to a tough problem? That’s your inner wisdom showing up. All too often, we underestimate just how powerful our gut instinct and reactions can be. In fact, this deeply rooted and indelible sixth sense of sorts comes out in so many different ways that we’re not even aware of when it happens. Here are just a few of them.
- Certain decisions just feel right. This is one of the biggest ways your inner wisdom comes out. You can’t explain why or how, but you just know at your core that a certain decision or path is the right way to go. You may second-guess this instinct, but trust it instead when it crops up. Your gut will never lead you astray.
- You have dreams that illuminate a certain path. You don’t have to be a hippy or a mystic to recognize the power in dreams. When we sleep, our brains aren’t occupied with everyday thoughts like that work project or what’s happening on social media. This provides an opportunity for freedom and exploration of other concepts. If you ever find that something comes to you in a dream that helps guide the way in real life, that’s thanks to your inner wisdom.
- You experience strange physical sensations. Your body can react to situations before your mind catches on — it’s strange how it works but it’s totally true. For instance, if you feel a sense of fear or tension, that could be your body telling you that something isn’t right. On the flip side, butterflies or a sense of elation can be an indication that you’re on the right track.
- You get deja vu. Sure, it can be totally innocuous and unimportant, but sometimes deja vu is our brain’s way of telling us that something is significant or worth paying attention to even if we don’t know why. This could function in many ways, but it’s often just your subconscious’s way of getting your attention and saying, “Hey, this means something!”
- Things just seem to line up sometimes. When you notice meaningful coincidences or events aligning unexpectedly or against all odds, that could come down to your inner wisdom. If you’re good at listening to your gut and you’re in tune with your own intuition, that often leads to really positive outcomes like things falling into place perfectly. Pretty cool, huh?
- You get unexpected epiphanies. The infamous “aha” moments that many people have are a major way your inner wisdom shows up. It’s like every experience you’ve ever had and every lesson you’ve ever learned suddenly snap into place and show you the right answer. Whether it’s how to handle a problem at work or figuring out the right way to navigate trouble with a loved one, you’d be surprised at the way things just sort of come to you.
- You can easily empathize with other people. If you’re an extremely empathetic person and find it easy to walk in someone else’s shoes, that’s thanks to your inner wisdom. This allows you to make connections with people, no matter how different they and their lives are to your own, and that’s an incredible gift.
- You know how to listen to your body. We all have this ability, but not everyone practices. If you’re in tune with yourself, you know when something isn’t right. For instance, perhaps you can tell when you’re going to get sick so you’re able to begin self-care earlier. Or, perhaps you can tell that you’re feeling run down and need a break so you take time off to recuperate. You’re at one with your body in the best possible way.
- Your subconscious somehow does the work. Sometimes, you find that solutions to problems emerge when you’re not actively thinking about them. That’s because your inner wisdom is working in the background. This is the process that leads to all those aforementioned “aha” moments…
- You have strong values and you stick to them. Your core beliefs and values often align with your inner wisdom. When you know that your gut tends to be right and you trust that instinct, you feel more secure in forming values based around that knowledge. And when you live according to those values and beliefs, you’re so much happier and fulfilled. Amazing how that happens!
It’s not necessarily important to be aware of your inner wisdom for it to work to its fullest extent. However, let it be a comfort that it’s always there in the background, doing its thing, guiding you on the right path. You’ve got this!