It’s not easy loving a strong woman, particularly for weak men. That’s because weak men lack everything it takes to be a supportive, adoring partner to a woman who knows her worth and her potential. While this might make dating an endless wave of disappointment for self-aware, badass women, it also makes it easy to pinpoint the fools who are totally unworthy of our time. Here’s why lesser men can’t keep up with us:
- We’re intimidating AF. We no longer live in a time when women depend completely on their male partners. We support ourselves, and even though we’d think everyone would be on the same page since it’s well beyond the oppressive ’50s, weak men still expect to be the breadwinners, the top dogs, the alphas, and they fail to see the potential of an equally strong partnership between two people. Essentially, they get skurrrrred, poor little boys.
- We attract attention. When a strong woman walks into a room, everyone takes notice. We command attention and when other sets of eyes are on us, that means potential competition for the weak men who secretly hate themselves.
- We’re not afraid to voice our opinions. Strong women have no qualms about stating our wants and needs and stating them clearly. We don’t have the time to beat around the bush, so we get right to it. That form of fearlessness in communication is not something weak men can grasp, which is why they tend to play games and use petty manipulation, instead of, you know, plain goddamn English.
- We reflect their shortcomings in our strength. Every time we stand up for ourselves in an argument or calmly assert ourselves in everyday life, it just reminds them how incapable they are of becoming the person they want to be. They’ll be in awe of us at first, because duh, but eventually, weak men will feel defeated by our unwavering independence and remember just how much awesomeness they lack.
- We truly love ourselves. Self-love is not something weak men can comprehend. Why? Because they probably think we need to be “saved” and ultimately depend on them to make you feel good about ourselves. So when they tell us that we’re beautiful and we say, “Thanks! I know, right?” that throws them off and freaks them the hell out.
- We can easily do better. When you’re with someone who constantly mutters, “I don’t even deserve you” or “You can do so much better….” they’re probably right. That’s sweet to say, but men who always tell us that are speaking the truth, and behind the words, it exposes their devastatingly low self-esteem. While lack of confidence doesn’t always a douchebag make, most d-bags are suffering from raging self-doubt, so keep that in mind.
- We don’t need them and they know it. The most terrifying concept for weak men is the fact that they could walk out the door at any time and we’d be fine without them. There’s nothing tying us to them if we kick all the ass in every aspect of our lives. But that’s the difference between weak men and strong men — strong men only want to boost us up, not keep us locked down.
- We find beauty in everything. Weak men are sad, withering souls. That sadness translates into all kinds of hideous behaviors, from petty jealousy to mind games to cheating. We, on the other hand, see the world as a breathtaking place with endless potential, and our positivity leaves them feeling uneasy. Because just like Mama told you, misery loves company.
- We’re pretty amazing and they can’t keep up. Our strength inspires others, and it pulls in those who are also strong and self-aware. And because this quality we have is something to be admired, they will always feel like we’re stealing their spotlight. They will feel neglected and forgotten, and eventually, they’ll be just that.