As one of the most mysterious signs in the zodiac, Scorpios have a tendency to feel deeply about those they love, but it’s often hard to figure out exactly what they’re thinking at any given moment. Elusive, sensual, and insanely intense, Scorpios are not exactly the easiest people to be with. If you want to date this fiery sign, make sure to read up on what you can expect, because you’re in for a wild (and ultimately pretty hot) ride.
- Scorpios tend to play hard to get. Because many Scorpios naturally emanate sensuality and mystery, we usually have no shortage of admirers. As a result, just getting our attention can be hard at first. That being said, getting us talking about our personal philosophies tends to be the best way to get us interested in you.
- Expect sudden losses in interest, but don’t take it personally. Both male and female Scorpios have a tendency of becoming ardently infatuated with people we’re dating, then suddenly losing all interest. Don’t take it personally. This is a pretty mercurial sign, and we’re prone to sudden changes in terms of desire. That’s not an excuse for bad behavior, by the way. Most of us are upfront and honest about how we feel. We won’t lead you on.
- Just because we don’t display much emotion doesn’t mean we don’t feel it. Scorpios are basically the ultimate “silent type,” and we often won’t really ever vocalize how we feel. That being said, we will show it a lot. Expect to be properly wooed, wined, and dined by a Scorpio that’s into you. Also, expect passion in bed, because we love to put our partners first.
- We need to feel unique. Scorpios don’t get swayed by the typical things that will impress or seduce other signs. In fact, talking seductively to us or being too cocky can be a major turn-off for many of us, since we know you’ve likely used those moves on other women. What does turn on a Scorpio is putting us on a pedestal, and making us feel like we’re the only one who can make your knees go weak. (Let’s face it, Scorpios do have that power!)
- We love smart people, especially if they’re strong-willed. Something about intelligence just sets off Scorpios and grabs our interest right away. In fact, flaunting your intelligence is the fastest way to get to our hearts. Stimulate our brains and we’ll be putty in your hands.
- We’re actually really scared to get hurt, so be nice. While we’re outgoing, we don’t share much of our personal thoughts and feelings easily because we’re afraid of getting hurt. We’re also likely to build up walls, play it cool to the point of cold, and get possessive because we do have that inner vulnerability. Similarly, if you make the mistake of hurting a Scorpio you’re dating, it’s unlikely that we’ll forgive or forget.
- We need to be the boss in the relationship. We love control. We need to be in charge, and we want whoever is with us to follow our lead. A Scorpio that isn’t feeling like a boss is a Scorpio that isn’t very happy. We’re leaders, not followers. This means we tend to gravitate toward people who are comfortable with us calling the shots.
- Don’t mess with us or you’ll be sorry. Just like our animal counterparts, Scorpios can be pretty darn venomous when we’re hurt or ticked off. This is one star sign that is known for actively seeking out revenge on those who they feel seriously wronged us. If you want to make sure to have a decent breakup, make sure you don’t lie or cheat on us.
- Lastly, don’t try to figure us out. Half the time, we can’t figure out why we do the things we do ourselves. We’re insanely complex, and that’s part of our appeal. Revel in the mystery, don’t unravel it! Of course, that doesn’t mean you should simply let us get away with bloody murder under the guise of being mysterious. When you’re dating a Scorpio, you have to be willing to call us on our sh*t. However, you also have to be willing to let us be ourselves. Enjoy the ride!