Love is hard for all of us, and it doesn’t get any easier when your partner is the ghost of a 300-year-old pirate. An Irish woman who tied the knot with just such a man (?) earlier this year has devastating news: they’re getting a divorce.
Amanda Teague is a true romantic at heart.
The 45-year-old Northern Irish woman, who also happens to be a Jack Sparrow impersonator, previously revealed that she’d fallen in love with a Haitian pirate ghost who also just so happened to be named Jack. She knew it would be a tough journey but she believed their connection was strong enough to last since she considered Jack to be her “soulmate.”
Jack was apparently executed for piracy.
Given that he was a pirate, it makes sense that his death was due to his love of debauchery on the high seas, I suppose. It’s hard to say whether he learned his lesson in the afterlife or was still looting on the seas of heaven.
A medium married the pair.
Teague exchanged vows (sorta?) with Jack in international waters off the coast of Ireland, which is just how Jack would have wanted it. He obviously couldn’t exchange rings with her or even say his vows because of the whole ghost thing, but Teague did hold a candle to represent him and that was enough to seal the deal.
Unfortunately, things just didn’t work out.
According to The Irish Mirror, Teague announced the couple’s split on social media this week, writing, “I feel it’s time to let everyone know that my marriage is over. I will explain all in due course but for now all I want to say is be VERY careful when dabbling in spirituality, it’s not something to mess with…”
Her announcement seemed kind of ominous.
Given that Teague was so vague on details but mentioned her fear of “dabbling with spirituality,” you have to wonder if perhaps Jack had another woman on the side or something. Either way, something spooked her enough to want to end their relationship!
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
Share this article now!