When it comes to dating, we all have an idea of the kind of guys we prefer. Maybe you prefer dudes with dark hair or ones who share your taste in comedy movies. Whatever it is you’re looking for, there’s one quality that most straight women can agree on: they want a guy who’s taller than them.
Height is more important than we think. In a survey of 1,000 people performed by Body Logic MD, it was revealed that height can affect not only our self-confidence but our dating prospects too. Even if you don’t give too much thought to your height on a daily basis, it could be subconsciously affecting your self-perception.
A majority of women are attracted to taller men. According to the survey, a whopping 78% of women say that it’s important that the guys they date are taller than them. Only 5.5% said they were into shorter guys. For men, the responses were unsurprisingly a bit different, with 50% of them looking for women who are shorter than them and only 2.9% interested in women who are taller.
Not all people care about height. While there was a clear height preference among men and women, not everyone was all that hung up on it, particularly men. Roughly 34% of them said they didn’t care either way about a woman’s height, while 16% of women insisted it doesn’t matter much to them either.
We have some skewed perceptions about how our height affects our desirability. The survey asked respondents how they believed their lives would be different if they were taller or shorter. About 42% of men and 12.4% of women admitted they believed being taller would make their dating lives better, while 30% of men and 4.6% of women said they didn’t think people who were taller than them wanted to date them. Conversely, 23% of tall women struggled to believe that guys who were shorter than them would want to date them. Only 9.9% of men felt the same.
There is still some bias there. Unfortunately, only 35.9% of women who were 5’2″ and shorter said they’d date a guy shorter than them. Meanwhile, out of men who were 5’8″ and over, more than 84% said they’d be cool with dating a taller woman. It seems like women have the bias here.
- What’s Your Sexiest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 13 Deeply Intimate Things To Do Besides Sex
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 12 Things That Might Make You Think He Doesn’t Have An STD But You’re Wrong
- 16 Reasons The Best Women Often Stay Single The Longest
- I Had No Idea I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship—Don’t Make The Same Mistake
- Incredible Women Often Have The Worst Dating Lives — Here’s Why
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Attracting Toxic Guys Until I Stopped Doing These 10 Things
Share this article now!