People are forever confusing cockiness for confidence, and vice versa. In actuality, they’re VERY different. Needless to say, we all want a guy who’s confident – cockiness is usually just a smoke screen for horrible qualities like low self esteem, immaturity and narcissism. But how do you tell them apart? It’s easy:
1. A confident guy will ask you out. A cocky guy will expect you to come to him.
2. A confident guy is honest about what he wants. A cocky guy plays games.
3. A confident guy doesn’t keep tabs on you. A cocky guy thinks it’s his right to know your every move.
4. A confident guy thinks your guy friends are awesome. A cocky guy doesn’t stop talking about how he’s better than them.
5. A confident guy cares about getting to know you. A cocky guy can’t stop talking about himself.
6. A confident guy wants to show you off. A cocky guy forgets you’re even there.
7. A confident guy is proud of your accomplishments. A cocky guy constantly compares your accomplishments to his.
8. A confident guy takes care of his health for his own well-being. A cocky guy has an Instagram full of mirror gym selfies.
9. A confident guy takes no for an answer. A cocky guy pressures you until you give him what he thinks he deserves.
10. A confident guy admits when he’s wrong. A cocky guy argues his (completely indefensible) point until the cows come home.
11. A confident guy wants to hear your opinion. A cocky guy doesn’t even know you have one.
12. A confident guy brags about how great you are to his friends. A cocky guy doesn’t tell his friends you exist.
13. A confident guy writes a few lines about himself on his online dating profile. A cocky guy writes nothing, and thinks the blurry ab photo should speak for itself.
14. A confident guy trusts your judgement and knows you can take care of yourself. A cocky guy will tell you what is best for you.
15. A confident guy is your equal. A cocky guy thinks he’s better than you.
16. A confident guy swallows his pride and just gives you a hug. A cocky guy regularly says “I told you so” when you make a mistake.
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!