There are many stupid rules out there that society insists women should follow. These rules tend to focus on how women should look or act to find love, but they hardly ever focus on women just treating each other well. Girl code is important too, though, and here are a few rules none of us should ever be breaking when it comes to our fellow females.
- Don’t date your friend’s exes. Some ladies are more lenient about this rule, but the situation is tricky. If your friend still cares about this ex on some level, then you have to figure out if you can deal with your happiness possibly causing your good friend pain. Always remember that there are more fish in the sea.
- Refuse to slut-shame another girl. Society likes to put women in boxes of either being respectable or being a slut. But if women start refusing to go along with it, then the other half of the population will be forced to change. Remember that everyone should expected to be treated with respect rather than judged on her sexual choices, which are no one else’s business either way.
- Never blame the other woman. After being cheated on, you may find comfort by blaming the other woman, but this could be very damaging. Some girls are the other woman and don’t even know it because the guy lied. Realize and accept that you should be angry with the person who betrayed you, not the other person you don’t know.
- Don’t drop your girlfriends for a new boyfriend. It’s tempting to hole yourself away with your new guy after falling in love. However, you have to remember that all relationships in your life need to be nurtured. Don’t leave your girlfriends for a guy, because if the relationship doesn’t work out, they’ll less likely be there when you need them.
- Refuse to participate in the rumor mill. Many girls turn on each other before they even meet just because of some rumor they’ve heard. Learn to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because rumors tend to not be true, and are often spread to make women look bad. Screw that and get to know people on an individual basis, not on baseless gossip.
- Stop your own sexism if you notice it. Boys aren’t the only ones guilty of sexism – women are culprits, too! The only way to stop it from spreading is to catch ourselves when we’re guilty of it and change our ways.