When you think of 7-Eleven, you most likely think of a convenient place to pick up a Big Gulp, a hot dog, and maybe a few scratch cards while you’re out and about. What you don’t think of is sneakers, right? Well, brace yourself, because the 7-Eleven and Nike collaboration sneakers are very real and they’re already a collector’s item.
- I mean, they are pretty impressive. The Nike sneakers, which are the popular SB Dunk model, have the classic 7-Eleven color palette with orange, green, and red color-blocking throughout. There’s even a 7-Eleven logo on the side! The laces are white, but the ends do have color stripes.
- How did this even come about? To be honest, the 7-Eleven x Nike SB Dunk Low sneaker is a pretty strange collaboration and totally unexpected, but that’s kind of what makes it so awesome. I’m not sure how much wear you’d get out of these, but I guarantee most people who are buying them aren’t wearing them — they’ll be keeping them in the box on a shelf in the closet so they don’t get ruined.
- This isn’t the first time the two brands have gotten together. All the way back in 2008, they came out with the Nike SB Dunk High Pro that were red with green laces for Christmas.
- Sadly, they’re likely only sold in Japan. While the information on the new 7-Eleven and Nike collab sneakers is pretty minimal at the moment, rumor has it that they’re a Japanese exclusive, which would make a lot of sense. If you want something totally wild and special when it comes to fashion, that’s the place to go.
- That being said, you can’t even buy them yet! While prototypes have been seen, according to Instagrammer @soledebrief, they’re not actually available for purchase until late 2020. That means it’s totally possible that they could get an international release instead of only being available in the Asian country. Fingers crossed!