Since the future is uncertain, you have to gamble when it comes to love. I know this, but it’s also scary AF, especially when so much can go wrong. After all, way more relationships end in breakups than they do in a happily ever after. Still, I’m holding out for a forever love and I won’t accept anything less.
- YOLO. Since we only live once, what’s the point of wasting our time with people who obviously aren’t worthy of our love? Why should I settle for rebound relationships and FWBs when I know they’re not going to last a lifetime? MY time on earth is limited, and I’d be better off loving with reckless abandon even if I get hurt.
- I’ve seen old couples who’ve been happily together for decades, so I know forever love exists. Sometimes it takes seeing other couples who’ve weathered all kinds of storms through the years and have come out the other side stronger together to believe that there really are relationships that can stand the test of time. And if they have that kind of conquering love, who says I can’t have that too?
- Forever love doesn’t depend on sparks and fireworks. Yes, some people may argue that they’re needed for a relationship to survive, but in reality, there will be days when the passion is lacking and we feel more like friends than anything else. Still, we’re committed, and that foundation means more than any short-term feelings.
- It doesn’t fizzle and fade at the first sign of trouble. Instead, I’ll become braver because I know someone who loves me the way I love him is going to fight any storms by my side. Whatever the outcome is, I’ll be sure that we’ll get through it together and become even closer because of it.
- I can be myself while aspiring to be better each day. I won’t need to assume the “cool girl” role or some other stereotypes just to keep my S.O. interested. I can speak, dress and act the way I normally would. In other words, I’ll just be who I really am and continue to grow and change with his full support.
- He’ll inspire me to be the person I’m meant to be. While forever relationships aren’t perfect, they always push you in the right direction. My partner will inspire and motivate me to be who I always wanted to be in life and I’ll give him the reason each day to do the same. That is such a gift.
- I’m better than short-term love. I don’t need to waste my time hopping from relationship to relationship — I’m worthy of long-lasting love and that’s what I want, so I refuse to settle for less. If a guy isn’t ready for that, then he’s not ready for me. The one who is will be the right one.
- That kind of love makes life worth living. Forever relationships open your eyes so you can see that there’s more to this life than existing and dying. I want to be swept away by the love and magic I have each day and to see purpose even in doing the most mundane things. The guy I end up with will remind me every day that life only becomes worth living when you love with all your heart, soul and mind. Now, that’s a gamble worth taking.