When you’re just starting a relationship (or a potential relationship), it’s incredibly easy for signals to get crossed. It’s hard for people to make sure they’re on the same page with someone else. Well before defining a relationship, you need to make sure the guy is actually into you in the first place. Here are some telltale signs that he’s truly got a crush on you.
- He texts you in the morning and at night. He wants to be on your mind at the start, and end of, all days. A guy that puts this much attention towards you really wants to get to know you better. Of course, he’ll probably text a lot throughout your day as well, but you can guarantee on a “good night” and “good morning” text. Keep in mind, this may seem like a lot, if you haven’t been in a relationship in a long time. But, texting is a great way to easily keep tabs on someone and see how they’re doing.
- He always asks follow-up questions. Having someone listen to you and ask for more is an undeniable sign that he’s into you. Even if the topic is a little dull, like “what did you get at the grocery store?” he’s seeking out small pieces of information he can store and save away for later. For example, if you say something like “I love picking up fresh bagels at the bakery on the corner every Sunday,” he’ll learn your preferences and perhaps keep in mind that a bagel and coffee date would be a great idea for the future.
- His friends joke about it with you. Having mutual friends with a guy you like is beneficial for many reasons. For one, you can get good intel on what he’s saying to the other guys about you. But, even if you’re meeting them for the first time, a line like “oh, so you’re the one he keeps talking about!” is a great indication that you’ve positively been discussed. Some guys like to rag on other guys about relationships in a teasing and harmless way. It’s a positive thing, if you’re also into him.
- He can’t hide a smile whenever he sees you. Even if he’s trying to play it straight and cool, he can’t help but glow when you come into a room. Body language is so important. If you lock eyes with him and study his face, you can learn a lot about him. This works the other way, as well. If he can’t look away from his phone and doesn’t look at you, you’re not very high up on his priority list.
- His parents have asked about you. If he tells you that he told his mom about you, that’s an excellent sign. Guys will only clue parents into a potential relationship if it may be serious. If you happen to meet her or chat with her, she’ll probably have 100 questions for you. This is also a great sign, as she knows you’re someone who’s very important to her son. If you immediately get on mom’s good side, you’re in.
- He can’t stop holding you or touching you. This will happen at the beginning stages of dating. And, your comfort with the situation is a top priority. But if all is well, you’ll notice he won’t be able to keep his hands off you. Even playing with your hair while watching a movie together is a sign that he still can’t believe he scored a chance with you. For many people, physical touch is the best way they express love and admiration.
- He surprises you with flowers. Flowers are the ultimate cheer-up gift. They can brighten both your mood, and any spot in your home. If he surprises with you flowers, he’s trying to impress you. Even if it’s a small bouquet, it’s a gesture that says “I saw this cheerful arrangement and thought of you.” If not flowers, it could be something like coffee. He gets an extra pat on the back if he happens to know your favorite kind, along with your milk and sugar preferences.
- He put cute emojis around your name in his phone. It could be a heart, a flower, or a smile. It’s a small detail that may clue you into his actual feelings, especially since it’s something he likely didn’t expect you to see. It seems silly, but emojis have become a great method of communication this decade.