Sometimes a date gets cancelled before it even happens, and that’s just one of the many weird and not-wonderful-at-all things about modern dating. You’re probably wondering if you did something to scare a guy off, but the truth is you did nothing at all. You were just being your usual fabulous self and these things just happen sometimes. Here are 9 reasons that guys bail on dates that have nothing to do with you.
- Cold feet. Yup, guys get cold feet before first dates, not just the morning of their wedding day. This happens online and off. Maybe they’re not ready for a real relationship or maybe they’re just intimidated by what they know about you so far. Sigh.
- Inexperience. The less dating experience a guy has –he’s been single forever or has never had a girlfriend – the more likely he is to cancel a date before it begins. He’s going to get scared and assume that it’s not going to work out. Which is a shame because you just never know until you try.
- Insecurity. If someone seems super nervous to meet you – and this is usually reserved for online dating – then you can be 100 percent sure that they’re insecure about some aspect of their personality or lives.
- Sickness. People really do get sick, and it’s super awkward to cancel a date because you never know whether to believe the guy or not. But usually if he doesn’t reschedule, then he’s really just lying (or actually has a cold but doesn’t want to meet you – sorry).
- Lost interest. This has nothing to do with how amazing you are. You are going to make a great girlfriend someday, so be glad that this guy was too much of a loser to realize that.
- Wanting to seem mysterious. Boring. No guy is super mysterious these days since you can Google potential dates easily enough. Sometimes they would rather make you think they’ve got a super busy social calendar when they’re really just sitting at home playing video games. The truth hurts.
- Wanting to have the power. Power struggles are the worst part about dating – that’s probably what ghosting is all about. If a guy thinks he’s better than you, he’s really not.
- Living at home. Maybe he’s still in school, but the older a guy is, the weirder it is when he still lives at home. Does his mom do his laundry and cook all his meals? Ugh. Moving on.
- Lying about something. He could be full-on Catfishing you or could just be hiding one thing, but either way, he knows you’re too smart and are going to figure it out as soon as you meet. Consider the cancelled date a favor.