The search for your person can be frustrating and feel like a never-ending journey at times. You’ve probably been on countless dates, had a string of unsuccessful relationships, and might even start to feel like you’re never going to find your soulmate. So, when you meet someone who seems to check all of your boxes and feels like your perfect match, you might be skeptical at first. How can you be sure that this one is THE one? Here are a few signs that you may have finally found the perfect person for you.
- You instantly feel comfortable around them. Everyone gets nervous on first dates. You want to look perfect, say all the right things, ask all the right questions, and impress your date so that they like you. It’s okay if you feel fidgety and anxious and if you do, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be comfortable around this person at some point. However, if you find yourself instantly at ease around them, even on the first date, it might be a sign that this person is special. Sometimes our bodies and hearts know something before we do and if you’re feeling calm and relaxed around someone right off the bat, lean into it.
- You no longer feel the need to shop around. If you meet someone and then instantly have the desire to delete all of your dating apps and cut off any communication you might have going with anyone else, it’s definitely a sign that this person might be around for a while. When you know you’ve found your person, the desire to see what else is out there or consider any other options just completely vanishes because you know that this person is the perfect one for you.
- You want to share all of your secrets with them. The fear of oversharing on a first date is real! You might be concerned that you’ll hit your date with a little too much information about your life, your family, and your past but if you find yourself quickly wanting to share all of these intimate details about yourself with them, it could be a sign that they’re a very special person and are going to be around for a while. The people that we love want to know every little detail about us and we want to share those things with them as well. It can be scary to be vulnerable but if the desire is there, it’s a sign that you might be already falling for this person!
- It’s easy for you to picture a future with them. We all envision the kind of future and life we could have with someone when we start dating them. Sometimes it’s just a way for us to assess if this relationship could work long-term, but if you’re having vivid thoughts of life with this person and can truly see yourself being happy and obtaining everything you want in life with them by your side, it just might be a sign that they could be your soulmate! When we find people who have similar goals and dreams as us, it’s easy to picture a life together.
- You’re excited to do anything with them. When you start to fall in love, just the idea of being with this person will make you excited and giddy. It’s always fun to get dressed up and go on romantic dates or to take fun trips together, but if you find yourself getting excited just to hang out and watch TV with them or do mundane tasks like run errands, it might be a sign that this person is extremely special to you and could be your soulmate. True love isn’t just about romance, it’s also about just doing everyday life together and when you’re excited to just live your life next to a person, it means they’re more than just a fling.
- You want to make lots of plans with them. If you find yourself already planning a vacation for a year out or telling your family about how you’re going to bring your new sweetheart to Christmas dinner, it could also be a sign that they’re your person. When we feel strongly about someone, it’s easy to make plans way ahead of time because we have this confidence and inner peace that they’re going to be in our lives for a long time. If your partner has been treating you the same way and wanting to schedule things far in advance, it means they feel the same way about you too.
- They make you forget about your insecurities. We all get self-conscious and critical towards ourselves over little things but the right person will never make you feel bad about yourself. When you’ve found someone really special, it’s likely that your insecurities will actually begin to disappear or at the very least become almost unnoticeable. When someone not only loves and accepts you just the way you are but reassures you that you’re wonderful and that you don’t need to change, the things about yourself that used to make you feel so insecure and inadequate just won’t matter as much anymore.
- They make you have a better outlook on life. If you’re unhappy with where you are in life, it can be easy to be pessimistic or negative. It can be so difficult to see the beauty and the goodness in life sometimes but when you find someone that fills your heart with joy, you’ll start to see the world in an entirely new way and your outlook will become more positive and hopeful. Having a great relationship won’t magically fix all of the problems you may have but having the love and support of a great person can make the tough things so much easier to go through.
- The idea of losing them is unbearable. When you find the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, the idea of not having them anymore is awful and heartwrenching. When you find your soulmate, you tend to wonder how you got through so much of your life without them and have no idea how you’d get by without them now. If you feel like you’d never be able to live without this person, there’s a pretty good chance that they could be your soulmate.