Sometimes it feels impossible to avoid playing games in relationships because everyone else seems to be doing it and you’re desperate to keep up. The problem is that games cause unnecessary stress and actually do way more harm than good to any relationship that results from them. That’s why a woman who refuses to subscribe to the status quo is so worth your time, guys.
- You won’t have to wonder what she really means. She won’t send cryptic, confusing messages or make you guess what it is she actually wants. She’ll tell you straight-up when something bothers her or isn’t up to her level of satisfaction. She’ll also tell you what she likes, what she wants, and what makes her happy. She doesn’t use subtle hints or reverse psychology; she’s honest about how she feels and expects you to be the same.
- There will be way less drama in your relationship. She doesn’t need or want any drama in her life or her relationships, which should be a relief. If she’s with you, she’s with you, no drama or mind games necessary. She won’t talk to her ex or flirt with other guys in front of you and she won’t try to make you angry to get a reaction. That’s not her style.
- She won’t try to make you jealous to see how much you really care about her. She expects you to show her how much you care without games since she refuses to entertain them. The good news? She won’t try to purposely make you jealous in any way, which can definitely be annoying. However, you need to show her the depth of your feelings by being dependable, reliable, and honest. That shouldn’t be too much to ask.
- She’s confident in herself and doesn’t require constant validation. Confidence is one of the most attractive qualities a woman can have, and if she refuses to play games (even when other people are), she’s definitely confident in herself and sets high expectations for her relationships and life. This also means you won’t spend all your time having to reassure her of her own worthiness. She’s fully capable of validating herself.
- She’ll text/call you first. She won’t wait around for you to call her first or text her good morning; if she misses you and is thinking about you, she’ll go ahead and reach out first without overthinking it. Of course, you should reach out first sometimes too because if she’s the only one putting in the effort to communicate, she might start to feel like you don’t care about her.
- She’ll plan dates and take charge sometimes—it won’t all be on you. Although she does like to be surprised, she doesn’t mind planning dates and choosing where to go for dinner. She won’t just say she doesn’t care what you guys do or what you get to eat; she knows what she wants and is honest about it. Of course, this doesn’t mean that she’s selfish and unable to be flexible or compromise. She just won’t make you try to guess what she’s in the mood for or whether or not she wants a low-key night in.
- She’ll ask you what you’re thinking or how you’re feeling directly. If she thinks you’re acting different or pulling away from her, she won’t text her friends about it or secretly wonder why you’re doing that. Instead, she’ll be upfront with you and ask you straight-up what you’re thinking or how you’re feeling. Don’t be afraid to actually get real about it too—she would prefer you to be. She’ll offer the same level of frankness in return, of course.
- She expects you to be honest. She wants you to tell her when something’s up or if you’re feeling off for some reason and to let her know if anything is bothering you. She has thick skin and isn’t super sensitive about that kind of stuff; she needs you to be direct with her the same way she will be with you. When you date a woman who refuses to play games, she needs good communication in the relationship and will take what you mean literally. She refuses to spend time analyzing your texts or wondering what it is you’re really thinking or feeling.
- She won’t waste any time dating a guy who’s playing relationship games. If she notices the guy she’s dating is playing games, she won’t play along or put up with it. She’ll walk away before allowing a relationship to continue where her partner is playing any mind games. There are so many positive reasons to date a woman who doesn’t play games in a relationship, but if you want to keep her, you’ll have to follow suit. This is a good thing because it means less drama, less stress, and less guessing, which ultimately leads to an overall healthier relationship.