Nobody wants to waste their time on a guy that has no intention of taking the relationship further, but it can be difficult to know who to avoid and who’s a keeper. Here are 8 signs that he’ll never fall in love with you and you need to cut your losses now before you end up with a broken heart.
- He doesn’t make an effort to take you on dates. Going on dates is a nice way to create memories and to spend quality time together. The date doesn’t need to be expensive or elaborate to be enjoyable. It’s the intention and effort behind the date that makes people feel special. If a guy isn’t willing to take you out on dates where you both can have a nice time, it’s probably not his priority to make you happy. Guys that are in love with a woman will make an effort to make her feel special because she is a priority in his life.
- He’ll often cancel his plans with you. A clear sign that a guy will never fall in love with you is if he keeps canceling the plans he’s made with you. Men usually do this when the woman they’re dating isn’t at the top of their priority list and are happy to cancel their plans when someone else invites them to do something that they think is better.
- He doesn’t want you to meet his family. There could be multiple reasons why the guy you are dating doesn’t want you to meet his family. However, if you’ve been dating for a long time and you know he’s very close with his family and he visits them regularly, being kept from them may be a sign that he’s not serious about you. Meeting the family is a big step in the relationship and some guys just aren’t ready for it.
- He spends the majority of his free time with friends. If you’re dating a guy that spends time with his friends all the time, there’s a very high chance he’s not ready to commit to a relationship. It’s common for guys to use hanging out with friends as an excuse for why they haven’t spent much time with their girlfriends. Usually, the reason they don’t want to get too close to the person they’re dating is because they’re not ready to commit. No one likes to feel like a last-minute choice, so if you feel like you are, get out now.
- He doesn’t call you for support when he’s struggling. Some men can only be vulnerable in front of the people they love and trust. If you’re noticing the guy you’re dating is struggling with personal issues but isn’t willing to share them with you, he might not be ready to accept your support because he’s not ready to love you and rely on you. It doesn’t mean that he can never love you. It just means he needs more time to know what he wants.
- He doesn’t like talking about the status of the relationship. Everyone has their own views about labels, but knowing whether you’re in a serious relationship or not is vital information. People deserve to know the status of their relationship so that they can choose whether they want to invest their time into it or not. If you find yourself in a situation where you’ve been dating a guy for longer than 3 months and he doesn’t want to talk about what you are to each other or where things are going, he’s someone you probably want to walk away from ASAP.
- He takes more from you than he gives you. Usually, an unbalanced relationship has one person feeling emotionally drained and the other person feeling like they never have enough. Even though they’re the ones taking advantage of people for their own benefit. Sometimes these unbalanced relationships aren’t intentional, but that doesn’t take anything away from the fact that it’s a toxic relationship. If you find yourself always giving him emotional and financial support but he’s never there when you need the same in return, he’ll clearly never love you. Get out now while you can.